• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Trip To The G&G Factory

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by retozimmermann
Can you elaborate what you mean by that exactly?

Agree, its complete gibbrish. It is Sunday morning and I guess he drank too much chinese rice wine last night

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
Agree, its complete gibbrish. It is Sunday morning and I guess he drank too much chinese rice wine last night

Here lies the danger of sharing an unfinished product to the masses. For SF masses, this would lead to unfair critisms and pre-judgement of the final product.

A fairer approach would have been to capture the entire creation process from start to finish in a single post, especially for something as interesting as this.

CDMoore's collection of G&G's is sublime. I'll reserve my judgement for the finished product.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For all of this confusion on the green shoes:

I posted them for one reason which was to show the amazing craftsmanship that was put into them. If indeed they are cdmoore's, my compliments go out to you for they are the most perfect bespoke shoes that I have ever seen (in terms of lack of mistakes and absolutely cleanliness) and I have seen a lot. While I do also like the shoe for what it is and it's color, I know that many of you are conservatives and don't like colorful things, which is why I put close up's of the heel and waist so that you could appreciate the perfect lines that the maker created in making this shoe. They look more perfect than machine made, which is hard to do on a hand made product, people make mistakes, in theory, machines shouldn't.

Lukcha, I thought that you would have appreciated the post as a whole, since you are such a fan, but your first post just stated something about not liking green shoes, which lead me to believe that you did not like it, hence my reply.

To the others who like to talk about what is ugly and stylish and what is not. You guys would prefer SF to be just a bunch of posts of boring ass black, dark brown and burgundy shoes. While there are beautiful shoes made in those colors, to only show just them would be boring to me. Style is certainly not just about what is classic, it is about taking what is in your wardrobe and creating outfits that not only compliment the person, but also the ambiance of his/her environment.

I much more respect the man who dares to try and in turn, fails, but learns from his mistakes, than a man who thinks he is stylish yet wears the same boring black brogues day in and day out.

-Justin

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Handmadeshoes

To the others who like to talk about what is ugly and stylish and what is not. You guys would prefer SF to be just a bunch of posts of boring ass black, dark brown and burgundy shoes. While there are beautiful shoes made in those colors, to only show just them would be boring to me. Style is certainly not just about what is classic, it is about taking what is in your wardrobe and creating outfits that not only compliment the person, but also the ambiance of his/her environment.

I much more respect the man who dares to try and in turn, fails, but learns from his mistakes, than a man who thinks he is stylish yet wears the same boring black brogues day in and day out.

-Justin

I could not have put this better myself. I 10000% agree.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.

Werd son, but deez?

P1000110.JPG

drool.gif

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
made the mistake myself of green shoes w/corthay...shortly after purchasing I had them dyed dark brown.

That explains the great disturbance I felt in the Force -- it was like a pair of exquisitely beautiful women crying out in horror as they were being smothered to death in mud.
ffffuuuu.gif

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.

can't get over these.
P1000116.JPG

Absolutely incredible!
inlove.gif

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Srynerson
That explains the great disturbance I felt in the Force -- it was like a pair of exquisitely beautiful women crying out in horror as they were being smothered to death in mud.
ffffuuuu.gif

laugh.gif

found it difficult to wear....seemed to only to work easily w/denim.

however, everyone has different tastes so if green is your thing then go for it.

Originally Posted by Srynerson
Absolutely incredible!
inlove.gif

ignoring the color, problem that i have with these is the same problem that i have with most monk straps in general - imo the buckle is disproportionately sized (it looks like a belt buckle and there are 2).

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by retozimmermann
Can you elaborate what you mean by that exactly?

me personally, i find it hard to wear GREEN/ SHREK toned shoes with ether my work or casual clothes - or perhaps i just say the dont match my baby blue eyes
laugh.gif

poppycock! it was cough mixture!

Originally Posted by Handmadeshoes
For all of this confusion on the green shoes:

Lukcha, I thought that you would have appreciated the post as a whole, since you are such a fan, but your first post just stated something about not liking green shoes, which lead me to believe that you did not like it, hence my reply.
-Justin

no dont misunderstand my remarks! and i do appreciate you for going to the factory and being bothered to take pictures, i was just suprised that G&G have so many Rooney toned shoes on order - they must be going to France
devil.gif

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
My Green Hayes are not bespoke, those monk's maybe.

luk-Cha, as for shrek colored shoes, you know damn well that they will be so dark when they are finished that they will not resemble those at all.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My Green Hayes are not bespoke, those monk's maybe.

luk-Cha, as for shrek colored shoes, you know damn well that they will be so dark when they are finished that they will not resemble those at all.

ok shrek after a mud bath
laugh.gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
ignoring the color, problem that i have with these is the same problem that i have with most monk straps in general - imo the buckle is disproportionately sized (it looks like a belt buckle and there are 2).
Agreed. And the keeper for the straps is even more unnecessary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads