• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comically short jacket sleeves from Indochino

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, these sleeves are a total disaster. If I bend my arms, they ride up like 6 inches, and look ridiculous. The question is, can they be extended, or is this a scrap-heap remake? I mean, the 2nd picture has them a good 3 inches too short. The jacket might look ok when standing like a corpse, but as soon as the arms are bent (in real life), it looks like ****. I believe the sleeve ends at the MIDPOINT of my forearms. From now on, I am having jacket sleeves go down to the hinge of my wrist, right alongside my shirt sleeve, and NOT to the protruding bone.
30j5yqp.jpg
e9wxhg.jpg

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If both the shirt's and the jacket's armholes are high enough you will not have the sleeves riding up your arms. That's the beauty of MTM/bespoke/lucky RTW.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude, you'd know better than us if they can be extended. Check inside the sleeve for extra material. Or take it to an alterations tailor.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luckily you purchased from a company who will re-make the entire suit for you, for free. I don't see a problem here. If everything else is OK, get unhemmed sleeves and have your tailor finish them for you for a perfect length.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on how close the patch pocket is to your breast pocket, it looks like the entire thing is too short. It looks like it might be a woman's? Maybe Mafoofan can have it?

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
depends on how much fabric is in the sleeve to let out, typically around 2" is kept.

keep your arms unbent straight down relaxed at your side and take a picture. When moving your arm in different positions the sleeves will naturally shift as well. The jacket looks too tight also which would cause more of a pull on the sleeves.

Wasn't the comically short jacket sleeves a cause of your measuring incorrectly, not the maker?

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Nice pantaloons. Ambrosi or Panta?

Beat me to it. Seriously, though, I'm kind of inspired by the idea of having a sport coat that goes so well with my favourite jammies. Is this sort of a Hugh Hefner lounge lizard look for the new millennium?

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
If I bend my arms, they ride up like 6 inches, and look ridiculous.

You could put a Thom Browne label on this and sell it on Ebay for mad bills.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
Threads like this make me wonder why ANYONE would subject themselves to internet MTM.

bjornb17

Reaction score
Are you going to be wearing this to the casual sports bar?

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
You could put a Thom Browne label on this and sell it on Ebay for mad bills.

Damn, and here I was trying to make a Thom Browne joke before the page even finished loading.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads