• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
27b315ce.jpg

a60c48bf.jpg

Really digging this. I need to steal this look.
biggrin.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Thanks, I wasn't sure about it at first. I'm 5'10
redface.gif

I thought you said your style is becomin "immature" this seems maturer. I don't like the leopard print paired with the jacket. However, if you bought the drapey black shirt, and wore it with that or maybe wear the jacket with the last shirt you had in your previous fit; then I woulda liked it. Jeans I woulda preferred a wash, red jacket wasn't loud enough to beg such a tame bottoms from you. I agree with Eason a bit on those boots, (at least from this pic) lol. Wear your cooler ones. I think aside from my feelings about the leopard print, everything is a legit suggestion.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe sag the jeans a bit, MoK? (Have I learnt, SW&D?)

And I would roll up the sleeves.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
CrJaR.jpg

Bomber: Yves Saint Laurent
Sweater: VÃ
00a9.png
ronique Branquinho
Shirt : mtm
Jeans : Cloak
Boots : Martin Margiela

wow i'm really digging this ....
speechless
drool.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
old man stuff for old man contest
tumblr_li99wxj0pc1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

tumblr_li99vmgmmN1qcq3ab

tumblr_li99yzB6YI1qcq3ab

tumblr_li9a1cT7Fi1qcq3ab

kaneClap.gif

Originally Posted by max_r
aeglus, that suit is awesome

KWmVn.jpg

[/SPOILER]
thats it, i'm sick of these pink walls, i'm going back to taking pictures outside

Shirt fit is impeccable. And yeah, pink walls and floral cushions don't make the best backdrop elements.

Originally Posted by AR_Six
Dude you can tailor down a cardigan, but it's a good way to ruin a nice knit.

FTFY. I've had a cardigan tailored (I'll try to remember to post a fit with it, because I definitely like it more now), but it was some cheap, part-acrylic Shades of Greige number.

Xwgm6.jpg
Jacket, Shirt: Tornado Mart / Jeans: Lee Black Riders / Belt: Diavlo / Boots: Buffalo Bobs

It seems like a lot of your shirts hit right at belt-level, which I'm not crazy about. Did you end up picking up any asymmetrical-hem t-shirts? I think there were some gradient ones you posted at some point. Or maybe I'm making that up. Seems like they'd mesh well with a bunch of your fits.

I like the jeans, and the boots are ok, but they don't transition very gracefully here. It could be just the couple of static, flat images you posted, but it looks like the boots sort of jut out at the top outside, maybe because of a strap.

Also, there's way too much smolder going on in that third look.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Fuuma is one of the few posters on here that I can envision looking good 20 years from now. The majority of posters here will likely look awful.

I don't know the guy personally, but I have to agree to this statement. His style is very trendy, but yet classic. He definitely knows his style and what fits him the best.

Great job!

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuuma Fellow, I always enjoy seeing that YSL RG bomber; it is from my favourite collection, after all
I'm 5'10
redface.gif

In those boots, you'd be eye level with me, I'd say. I like the jacket Speaking of YSL RG, here's a glimpse of a new suit:
9kqfki.jpg
With added vintage tie and eyeframes, and a buttondown from H&M Trend(y)

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, I always dig fuumas posts. Hes really got a unique thing going for himself.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. The boots don't really photo well, they're suede so often come across very flat. I def want a pair of similar boots in leather.

Glad to see the leopard is divisive
laugh.gif

I don't have any asymmetrical hem shirts. The waist-level is definitely intentional.

I agree the last pose is LOL, that's why I kept it
redface.gif

Robbie your comment made me so happy.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
another night out, nothing special (one girl tried to leave bite marks through the leather and failed
redface.gif
)
tumblr_lid35z4Kar1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

also getting very tempted to sell my 2010 black lamb dr since this one usually tends to look better
redface.gif

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
looks good. really nice photo quality.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I figured it out, it is the leather that is saving the fit. If you removed that, you would look sort of homeless, with dress pants.

technically I am sorta homeless, evacuated by the US government to Korea
Literally didn't have time to change out of my work pants (and didnt bring any), just bought a pair of jeans at Uni-qlo today

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fit also looks better if you remove the dress pants, I think
FFz1z.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A visit to the Southbank Centre this afternoon. The colours in the second photograph might be harsh on some monitors:
znxame.jpg
2q1gbyd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads