• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
how does one's interest about clothing decrease when income increases?

There is often a correlation between the number of hours spent in the workplace and subsequent income increases, especially when you are younger. And the more dedicated you are to success in the workplace, the less time you will have available for thinking about or shopping for clothing. Add to that an office where slovenly business casual is the norm, and even your interest in work clothing is likely to decline.

Essentially if you spend the majority of your life in an environment where clothing does not matter and your mind is always constantly centered around other things, it is doubtful you will ever look good.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
There is often a correlation between the number of hours spent in the workplace and subsequent income increases, especially when you are younger. And the more dedicated you are to success in the workplace, the less time you will have available for thinking about or shopping for clothing. Add to that an office where slovenly business casual is the norm, and even your interest in work clothing is likely to decline.

Essentially if you spend the majority of your life in an environment where clothing does not matter and your mind is always constantly centered around other things, it is doubtful you will ever look good.

Well put. Trying to break the mould here
frown.gif

At work as we speak though, bleh.

Ascent

Reaction score
Synthese looks really good, but i'm not sure if the shorts would maybe look better ever so slightly lowered so they are marginally more defined or slightly higher so it drapes entriely. It looks so good though.
artishard116 that looks really good too, the Geller trench is a wondeful piece and appears to suit you very very well.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1

I found the opposite to hold true for me. Then again, I can likely attribute that to me being a huge time thief who lurked on SF several hours a day.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
synth killin'em with the drapey steez

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What leather is that, mellowfellow? CPs + pants look real good!

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mellow's sock game clinched it Though I'm
confused.gif
about the baby blue cardi

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
CrJaR.jpg
Bomber: Yves Saint Laurent Sweater: VÃ
00a9.png
ronique Branquinho Shirt : mtm Jeans : Cloak Boots : Martin Margiela

Normally don't like your fits, but this is great. Edit: also, dont autofocus when you shoot a reflection. Its seems like thats what you are doing and that's why you are slightly out of focus.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Normally don't like your fits, but this is great.
Edit: also, dont autofocus when you shoot a reflection. Its seems like thats what you are doing and that's why you are slightly out of focus.

Yeah that's (obviously) what I do so the mirror is in focus but not me, too lazy not to autofocus if it's just a picture like this (for online consumption). Good enough, no?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
are those the perforated mmm ?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I found the opposite to hold true for me. Then again, I can likely attribute that to me being a huge time thief who lurked on SF several hours a day.

If you're spending several hours a day on clothing forums (as opposed to spending those hours furthering your career or business) then you are getting a huge daily exposure to an environment where clothing matters.

And saying that "clothing matters" here is really an understatement. What do you think would happen if at that hypothetical (but all too common) business casual workplace your co-workers were as quick to publicly ridicule your outfits as they are on this forum?

This forum enforces its own unique social constraints on the participants in far more coercive manner than one would typically experience in the physical world. Yet most here appear to overestimate the degree to which their successes are the result of their own refined tastes as opposed to merely the actions of one whom has learned how to please the tribe. The best posters here are more cognizant of this fact, relying less on the tribe's opinions yet still trying to fit in and relate in their own way.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
CrJaR.jpg

Bomber: Yves Saint Laurent
Sweater: VÃ
00a9.png
ronique Branquinho
Shirt : mtm
Jeans : Cloak
Boots : Martin Margiela

Fuuma is one of the few posters on here that I can envision looking good 20 years from now. The majority of posters here will likely look awful.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1aqyp.jpg

dat ruching
oLuiX.jpg

tim hamilton redux
silent tee
krisvanassche
krisvanassche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads