• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[$50 Reward] Can anyone identify this jacket?

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can tell you what the jacket is but I will require a downpayment of $25.

humanix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
50 dollars for anyone that knows the jacket but doesn't tell him.
Haha.
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
I can tell you what the jacket is but I will require a downpayment of $25.
Sorry, but we do it my way. I'm not going to risk losing $25 to a troll.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But if I tell you what the jacket is, how can I be sure you will pay me? If we do it my way, I'll only be out $25 if you decide not to pay me.

humanix

Reaction score
But if I tell you what the jacket is, how can I be sure you will pay me? If we do it my way, I'll only be out $25 if you decide not to pay me.

The worst you could walk away with is nothing; alternatively I would be down $25 and without an answer. My sacrifice would be much greater.

I have already given my word on the payment.

ma1

Reaction score
looks like nom de guerre armor tank jacket:
lifzr.jpg

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by humanix

No you haven't. Your not the first guy to make a $50 reward thread, hell the others may very well have been you for all I know. Everytime they are worded the same way (and never pay):

--succesfull ID
--working link

Of course, that's about as certain as uncontrol recommending a decent leather jacket. Here are the problems:

1. It can't really ever be successfully Id'ed so you should change it to IDed as close as possible
2. It's not a working link you want, it's a working link for YOUR size. If the link doesn't have your size then the link isn't working for YOU. And how does anyone know if the link is a working link for you if you have'nt even stated your regular jacket size. So, you want someone to give you a link so you can buy the jacket and then turn around and say it isn't a working link for you because it doesn't have your size which you never disclosed in the first place?

Take member ma1's reccomendation he made in the other thread you created. It's probably not an Abercrombie, but it's the closest recommendation you've gotten yet, give ma1 $20 and flush this thread away to the WTB section.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The worst you could walk away with is nothing; alternatively I would be down $25 and without an answer. My sacrifice would be much greater.

are you saying my hours of research are worth nothing to you!??!
angry.gif

humanix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
No you haven't. Your not the first guy to make a $50 reward thread, hell the others may very well have been you for all I know. Everytime they are worded the same way (and never pay):

--succesfull ID
--working link

Of course, that's about as certain as uncontrol recommending a decent leather jacket. Here are the problems:

1. It can't really ever be successfully Id'ed so you should change it to IDed as close as possible
2. It's not a working link you want, it's a working link for YOUR size. If the link doesn't have your size then the link isn't working for YOU. And how does anyone know if the link is a working link for you if you have'nt even stated your regular jacket size. So, you want someone to give you a link so you can buy the jacket and then turn around and say it isn't a working link for you because it doesn't have your size which you never disclosed in the first place?

Take member ma1's reccomendation he made in the other thread you created. It's probably not an Abercrombie, but it's the closest recommendation you've gotten yet, give ma1 $20 and flush this thread away to the WTB section.

I gave my word on the payment in the beginning of the thread. As I said, it is impossible for me to give anyone a guarantee. Just like I can't be guaranteed the jacket if I offer a down payment.

It's unfortunate there have been many time wasting scumbags in the past, but I can't be held responsible for the history of this forum. This is actually the first time I have offered a reward for anything.

I also believe the jacket can be identified successfully; it has many unique features which so far no one has been able to replicate. There have been many great suggestions so far, but no match or something which any of us would call "strikingly" similar.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Well, technically, he's expecting a payout of $50 and there's a 50% chance you won't tell him, so actually, both your "sacrifices" are the same.

humanix

Reaction score
are you saying my hours of research are worth nothing to you!??!
angry.gif

No, not at all. I greatly appreciate the effort everyone has put in. Yourself included.

I'm sure a number of people here have put a lot of time into trying to find the jacket already.

This said, there is no way either of us can fully convince one another of their authenticity. But I'm not going to risk losing even a cent to a scam artist.

This doesn't fill me with great confidence either. That and your sig.

humanix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Send the money to FOK to be held in escrow. Let's see how serious you really are.

Sure, though I'm not familiar with it. How can this be achieved?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, though I'm not familiar with it. How can this be achieved?
Fok is LA Guy and this place is his gig. PM Him and see if he'll go for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads