• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

rabidawg

Reaction score
Thoughts on the maker of these Brooks English? They're NOS semi-formal patent bals. I'm guessing Cheaney based on the fact that they are Brooks English and on the wheeling impressions on the sole, but a search didn't turn up that heel pattern.

BrooksEnglish1.jpg

BrooksEnglish2.jpg

rabidawg

Reaction score

Tano

Reaction score
----Some info i have collected---

MAINLINE: Vanguard line is more modern. Madison is very traditional, but can be waist suppressed. Barrett is slimmer than madison

Canterbury : Older, replaced by madison

Full Canvas: Presidential, Mainline (vanguard, madison, barrett)
Half Canvas: Collection, LTD
Fused : Hickey

Say away from the LTD line, Hickey and HF Limited

Tags: Gray background with white/silver script (current) > Black with white script (similar looking to the current gray background) > Black with white script and a red line > Black with a white script that says "customized clothiers" (IIRC) > an old looking white or silver label.

Wallachs = 30yrs old

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Sartoria Partenopea (from the CCIAA Registration # of 495876). See Source.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
^Ah, very good--thanks!

I've had that suit for awhile, but had never gotten around to identifying the maker.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by escheriff
Can someone please help a brotha out and identify this??? Lots of handwork, fully canvassed.

Boglioli

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tano
Hickey Freeman....MAINLINE: Vanguard line is more modern. Madison is very traditional, but can be waist suppressed. Barrett is slimmer than madison

Thanks for this.
smile.gif

Can you tell us where the 'line' is specified? Vanguard, Madison, etc?

rabidawg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Church's

I ended up passing on them (a half size more than I can reliably make work) and a_distinguished_gentleman snagged them and is flipping them as C&Js.
facepalm.gif
I'll not be posting a link to his auction, of course.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
That coat is about as old as that Justin beiber kid. Probably made around the same time "blame it on the rain" was a chart topper

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads