• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Enema

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617

Here you go

Well, I expect a pro answer, but thank you very much....
confused.gif

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Enema
Well, I expect a pro answer, but thank you very much....
confused.gif

That answer was pro
laugh.gif

Anyway it's linen if you didn't bother to read the links.

Enema

Reaction score
Originally Posted by officeboy
That answer was pro
laugh.gif

Anyway it's linen if you didn't bother to read the links.

Ah thank you, I was confussed with all the links.

Linen sounds better to me than flax, that sounds petrol like..

Jacob

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guys. Logger boots seem to be the right direction. I'll check into those brands.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question about sleeve length and cuff size on a french cuff shirt.

I've never own a french cuff shirt, I'm planning on getting one from ModernTailor, what sleeve length should I tell them if my regular sleeve length is 24.5" in. Aren't the french cuff sleeve a little longer, and you're supposed to fold them back and cuff them with links? Correct me.

And also, if my regular cuff size is 7" in, does my french cuff size is 7" as well of do they need to be smaller?

Thanks in advance.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
Quick question about sleeve length and cuff size on a french cuff shirt.

I've never own a french cuff shirt, I'm planning on getting one from ModernTailor, what sleeve length should I tell them if my regular sleeve length is 24.5" in. Aren't the french cuff sleeve a little longer, and you're supposed to fold them back and cuff them with links? Correct me.

And also, if my regular cuff size is 7" in, does my french cuff size is 7" as well of do they need to be smaller?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't ordered from ModernTailor but i own several French Cuff shirts, and the sleeve length always includes the folded back portion so you should just order normal sleeve length.

spidercan

Reaction score
Are Globe-trotter attache's sold with tags?
I am looking into purchasing an attache case on ebay. The seller has listed it as NWOT. When I inquired as to the reasons for the tag being removed, he stated that Globe-trotter does not have tags on their cases. However looking around the B&S forums, there is a picture of a NWT globe-trotter with some kind of tag on it as well as bubble wrap around the handles.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanting to switch out some buttons on a Navy suit jacket to make it into a blazer.

Any good places to get them from? Was thinking a light colour, off white maybe. Any suggestions?

pstoller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spikejj
Hi - Anyone have any tips on caring for expensive T-Shirts?
A t-shirt is a t-shirt; it's just a bigger waste of money to trash an expensive one. Wash in cold water. Hang to dry if you're very concerned about shrinkage/fading; tumble dry low if you're not so fanatical/have no space or time to hang them/out of quarters; tumble dry high if the shirt looks too "new" and you're going for a well-worn look.

All that is for 100% cotton tees. Alway hang blends with spandex, silk, rayon, etc. Poly-cotton blends should simply be burnt.

kontra

Reaction score
I own a pair of really nice black suede double monk strap cap toe shoes. Pretty much very formal - so I dont wear them as much as Id love to.
Any ideas how to dress them down? Maybe even as far as to raw denim/BD shirt level.
Any tricks would be appreciated.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kontra
I own a pair of really nice black suede double monk strap cap toe shoes. Pretty much very formal - so I dont wear them as much as Id love to.
Any ideas how to dress them down? Maybe even as far as to raw denim/BD shirt level.
Any tricks would be appreciated.

Double monks can be easily dressed up or down. Although I think brown suede is more versatile, I would do excactly as you have said - raw denim, OCBD and maybe a navy blazer.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
Wanting to switch out some buttons on a Navy suit jacket to make it into a blazer.

Any good places to get them from? Was thinking a light colour, off white maybe. Any suggestions?

Lots of places on the web/ebay to get buttons but the cheap way is to go to a Goodwill or something and find a nice brand jacket that is trashed/dated for $5 and harvest the buttons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads