• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
lol u mad? i was asking because i want to know, i'd buy them if they were **** pockets on the back.

edit: didn't realize the picture was a link, they are **** pockets. mike you are a moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man dawg you showed me. time to go cry myself to sleep.

grit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
Baron Wells is having a sale on there slim fit chinos. I've never seen them in person, but they look nice online: http://commercewithaconscience.info/...im-chino-sale/

Anyone have these and wouldn't mind posting a waist measurement vs. tagged size? No size 31s
angry.gif

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grit
Anyone have these and wouldn't mind posting a waist measurement vs. tagged size? No size 31s
angry.gif

They have measurements listed on their site:

pant%20measurment%20for%20web.jpg

Really like the orange ones....

Basic

Reaction score
Nabbed a couple this morning. I'll report back on them.

keredog

Reaction score
^please do, the measurements on these seem pretty damn extreme. The 29/30's are similar to my 27 Petit Standards pre-stretch, unless I'm doing something wrong.

TurfedGomer

Reaction score
Anyone have any good suggestions for chino's / slim fitting khaki in various colors... like red or yellow?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
IME, JCrew makes reasonably priced slim-fit khakis. RL's slim-fit still fits like a trash bag, which is relatively slimmer than their regular fit, which fits like a tent.

I have the J Crew slim fit khakis and they are average. They are reasonably priced but not slim fitting enough. They are too loose in the crouch and do not fit as well as their 484 cords.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
So much argument over equally poor quality pants is
baldy[1].gif
This thread has no salvation.

Agreed, this sort of an odd thread. We have threads on this forum talking about $300 this, $500 that, and then this one that goes on and on debating dockers and $30 chinos? I'm a bit biased, but I certainly think the W+H Chinos are one of the best cut of chinos I've ever worn.
WI-5036-KHAKI.jpg

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Basic
Nabbed a couple this morning. I'll report back on them.
Yeah, I picked up two pairs as well. Really hope they're not as tight as the measurements would suggest. They definitely didn't look it in the fit pic posted on their webshop.

christos

Reaction score
if anyone is interested i have Samurai S-0511XS chinos size 29x34 brand new. PM for details
s0511xscp_4.jpg

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the difference between chinos and jeans is that most people on this forum are wearing them to work and need multiple pairs right away, and so, can spend less on each individual pairs.

Basic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Yeah, I picked up two pairs as well. Really hope they're not as tight as the measurements would suggest. They definitely didn't look it in the fit pic posted on their webshop.

I concur. I'm pretty athletic and there is a fine line I walk on slim fit and moose knuckle.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I bought a couple of pairs of dockers and I'm happy with them, especially at $20 apiece. They fit very well, a bit too slim at first, then stretch slightly for a tad more room. They still offer a nice cut, are very comfortable, super affordable, and they pair well with just about any of my button downs, in either color of dockers.

I also have the waders (got them at a similar price) and I wear those when I want something a bit more fitted.

If you must spend $200 a pair on something else, be my guest.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
W+H chinos are nice but the taper is pretty heavy for office pants and the inseam is short. i like the roomier top block (good for tucking).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads