• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodyear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Origami
I think he understands you don't like his style, he's heard it plenty of times but if you haven't noticed. It's obvious he doesn't give a ****.

Lol and you havent noticed that i dont give a **** what anyone else thinks about literally anything? O the joys of being a borderline sociopath and never feeling the need to conform.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

are those 3d glasses from the theater ? would be great if they were just for the sake of price contrasting
lol8[1].gif

Woodyear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
*put on ignore*
Good, id prefer 5 foot 2 dwarftards not read my messages anyway, theyre for full sized humans only. Guess its good you can't read this right now, being insanely tiny i know you have a very fragile ego, and a napoleon complex. Actually the real reason i despise you is because of how rude you were to some noob who just wanted some help with shirting in another thread. Your internet powertripping is clearly an example of you overcompensating for your freakishly diminuitive size.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
My aunt sold like 30k of art books about two yrs ago cause she wanted more space in her loft or some ****, considering used books don't go for that much (she did own a few exceptions that probably accounted for say 15K but the rest was regular stuff) I don't even want to think about how much of an hoarder she is. I like libraries and bookstores but I just have to keep a minimum amount and it's apparently a shitload compared to many. ps: Hatje Cantz=good ****, well Phaidon too, hell even ******* Taschen is great nowadays. If I'm not being snobbish I'd say the artbook world was never as good as now, especially w. the internutz for second-hand market. Back in the 70s a ******* Greenberg on Pollock cost like $100 for a mediocre release.
It's pretty easy to get great stuff here. Even super limited self-published artist's books will pop up because certain store owners are friends with the artists, or even pay for the publication. Hatje Cantz is the most solid publisher I can think of. Phaidon books are great, but beaters. Opening Ceremony has made DAP books popular accessories and South Willard sells some good, slightly more obscure titles too. ^^sq, I hate that sweater, but thank you for your clean place.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
It's pretty easy to get great stuff here. Even super limited self-published artist's books will pop up because certain store owners are friends with the artists, or even pay for the publication. Hatje Cantz is the most solid publisher I can think of. Phaidon books are great, but beaters. Opening Ceremony has made DAP books popular accessories and South Willard sells some good, slightly more obscure titles too.

^^sq, I hate that sweater, but thank you for your clean place.

Problem w. Phaidon is the spine is bound to unravel, especially on the large volumes. I guess the point of my whole rant was that art books have democratized, now you can get 2-3/month instead of eating at McD even if you're a student. Back in the days having 200 books on photography was major commitment.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Problem w. Phaidon is the spine is bound to unravel, especially on the large volumes. I guess the point of my whole rant was that art books have democratized, now you can get 2-3/month instead of eating at McD even if you're a student. Back in the days having 200 books on photography was major commitment.
I agree, but I still fall hardest for those published for gallery exhibitions. Finding a good one of these seems to be just as hard now as it was twenty or thirty years ago. The runs are still extremely limited, perhaps more so, and the prices are high, for books at least.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I agree, but I still fall hardest for those published for gallery exhibitions. Finding a good one of these seems to be just as hard now as it was twenty or thirty years ago. The runs are still extremely limited, perhaps more so, and the prices are high, for books at least.

Some are also tragic pieces of graphic design that detract from the actual content.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Some are also tragic pieces of graphic design that detract from the actual content.

Huh? Unless the book itself is a project for the artist, galleries don't usually invest much into publications, not even serifs.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Huh? Unless the book itself is a project for the artist, galleries don't usually invest much into publications, not even serifs.

Softcover piece of ***** w. badly sized piece from the artist and sometimes stupidly placed text kills me very often. YMMV. The all-white stuff is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads