• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Need opinions - Is this shirt way too short in the sleeves to keep? Im 6`4 so i always have this problem, i usually just roll the sleeves.. Its a medium, could go for a large but then itll probably be too big in the shoulders..
peterflower.jpg

imo sleeves are not too short. it's maybe 1/4 to 1/2 an inch shorter than ideal. they probably wont show under a jacket though. the guy who says they're "comical" is out of his mind. it's a cool shirt imo you should wear it. the one thing that does bother me is that the placket seems to end before the point where you tuck it in. this shirt was meant to be worn with high waisted pants.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
We almost went for the Sapien, but decided to just stack books on a thin piece of wood on the floor instead. Same visual effect and how often do you really reach for that copy of Air-Conditioned Nightmare?
I'd actually prefer a wood version but my artbooks are at the bottom so I'd be fucked if I didn't have platters. I got 4 of the tall sapiens+books on another area+ a magazine area and I'm doing fine. Nothing looks as good as mags on the floor but hey... I must confess that I've got one of those magazine v-shaped stand that eveyr ******* decor mag had like 10 yrs ago (around the time I got it), at least mine is wood and not plexiglass. I honestly don't get people who like fashion but aren't into interior design. If it's about money or because you move around two much just get a mattress, a simple desk, a chair, a lamp and that's it.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Fuuma, is this your rooms fit pic?

bookcase.png

My Sapiens are completely hidden by books (can't see the base either) and most are in french so no ugly english language books with 3d exploding titles and electric yellow covers (dunno what's the problem w. anglo publishing houses but yuck). But yeah I got 4 sapiens near a wall and it looks like huge piles of books, actually also got smaller piles with no support in between. Doesn't look bad IMHO but YMMV.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
It's not carpeted floor though, I have two Toutlemonde Bochard large carpets that I am rather fond of.

please step into my carpet store
omid_djalili_m.JPG

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'd actually prefer a wood version but my artbooks are at the bottom so I'd be fucked if I didn't have platters. I got 4 of the tall sapiens+books on another area+ a magazine area and I'm doing fine. Nothing looks as good as mags on the floor but hey...
I've pared down my books since we moved into the smaller unit, but artbooks are definitely at the bottoms of the piles. A lot of Phaidon and Hatje Cantz...some of the more valuable ones are at the gallery for now.
I honestly don't get people who like fashion but aren't into interior design. If it's about money or because you move around two much just get a mattress, a simple desk, a chair, a lamp and that's it.
+1, although my front yard looks like **** so I shouldn't cast stones.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Fuuma + Tanner win
fuuma: 10/10
tanner: those shoes are so win

Sexonfabric + Kvc fail
kvc: that **** all looks so boring. you spend a lot of $$ for little value i feel.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
I've pared down my books since we moved into the smaller unit, but artbooks are definitely at the bottoms of the piles. A lot of Phaidon and Hatje Cantz...some of the more valuable ones are at the gallery for now. +1, although my front yard looks like **** so I shouldn't cast stones.
My aunt sold like 30k of art books about two yrs ago cause she wanted more space in her loft or some ****, considering used books don't go for that much (she did own a few exceptions that probably accounted for say 15K but the rest was regular stuff) I don't even want to think about how much of an hoarder she is. I like libraries and bookstores but I just have to keep a minimum amount and it's apparently a shitload compared to many. ps: Hatje Cantz=good ****, well Phaidon too, hell even ******* Taschen is great nowadays. If I'm not being snobbish I'd say the artbook world was never as good as now, especially w. the internutz for second-hand market. Back in the 70s a ******* Greenberg on Pollock cost like $100 for a mediocre release.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads