• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
+1 its pretty TTS. Fits shorter like BoO though a little less constricting than BoO. The measurements on their site for the shirts are pretty dead on. I wear a size small in both BoO and Baron-Wells, I tried on a BW x-small and it was too small for me.

As far as pants- I had a pair but sold them. Leg opening was I think 7in. I sold mine b/c the thighs turned out to be a little snug for me. Waist was pretty TTS if I remember correctly. I'd try emailing them, the last time I bought stuff from them (before this current buy) they were very quick at answering my questions.
also- sold my size 30 chinos to thebarsmydestination so he could probably answer some of the chino sizing questions.

I thought they would be TTS and my only concern was thigh. Their chart shows it listed lower than where I usually measure so I couldn't tell. I emailed them to check anyway.

I remember you listing yours (can't remember if I asked you for measurements) so I searched for your thread but you had cleaned it up already. I took a shot on the orange and navy in 30 so my fingers are crossed. I'll pass the deal on if they don't work. I probably should have gotten a 30 and 32 I guess to be safe.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robstrongo
Code: SPRING11

just kopped the chukka. hope they fit me. still have several sizes left.
pity they removed the jeans though :/

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I thought they would be TTS and my only concern was thigh. Their chart shows it listed lower than where I usually measure so I couldn't tell. I emailed them to check anyway.

I remember you listing yours (can't remember if I asked you for measurements) so I searched for your thread but you had cleaned it up already. I took a shot on the orange and navy in 30 so my fingers are crossed. I'll pass the deal on if they don't work. I probably should have gotten a 30 and 32 I guess to be safe.

I think I'm in the same situation as you. I don't exactly have chicken legs, so the "super slim" description kind of worries me. But like you pointed out, their (very pixelated) measurements show them measuring the thigh a few inches below the crotch, so maybe it'll work out in the end.

Not sure how well a 32 would have worked, though, as it's a full two inches larger than the 30. I suppose I'll just put it up for sale on B&S if they turn out to be too large for me.

Really excited to get the stuff. Baron Wells just responded to my message from yesterday, which seems pretty fast in light of the amount of orders they must be receiving at the moment.

3sixteen sale looks great, too. I really wish I needed some more outerwear at the moment so that I could justify a purchase...

nets860

Reaction score
anyone go to the ervell sample sale? thinking about stopping by later how is it?

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sale was mostly a bust, got there fifteen mins before opening and there was only about 15 ppl ahead of me and there was basically nothin left except blazers, collegiate jackets, pants, shorts when i got in there. I took the last ss11 cardigan in white for $140 which is awesome so i made out.

skyline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max-t
sale was mostly a bust.
+1 was one of the first people in, there were no navy pima cotton sweaters, fair isles nor anything in xs/s (basically what everyone was asking for, sorry guys) atleast it was nice out today

hiyo

Reaction score
SPRINGTEMPTATIONS@YOOX EXTRA 10% OFF on the entire Spring-Summer catalogue. Expires 3/28/2011

pruppert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nets860
anyone go to the ervell sample sale? thinking about stopping by later how is it?
Agreed with the other two. Not a lot there in small sizes. Picked up a pair of docs for $10, and some stuff from older seasons on the cheap. I figure a pair of summer jeans for $40 is a steal.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pruppert
Agreed with the other two. Not a lot there in small sizes. Picked up a pair of docs for $10, and some stuff from older seasons on the cheap. I figure a pair of summer jeans for $40 is a steal.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Ervell docs for $10?!

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
do they carry anything decent anymore? I cant find Schneider on their site, they must have dumped it. Their Ervell looks meh

i thought they dumped it too but it looks like some spring stuff just came in...
laugh.gif

http://www.openingceremony.us/produc...designerid=161

anyone know if i should wear a 4 or 3 in this jacket? i'm a 35-36-ish in everything and boo Ss and XSs fit me quite well (Ss a bit better perhaps).
EDIT: I guess I'm probably a 4 in light of this thread...

EDIT: has tres bien dropped schneider? it's no longer shown on this page...

delakingois

Reaction score
I've never understood why OC don't put the measurements of the models on the site. I know, I know, different proportions etc., but even height would help a lot.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bluefly - SHOPSTYLE40 for $40 off orders of $200 or more

kwoyeu

Reaction score
the ervell sample sale - lots of size 32 pants. they also have a size M runway sample of this at $300-ish (so probably 70% off). not much else noteworthy at all

Originally Posted by delakingois
I've never understood why OC don't put the measurements of the models on the site. I know, I know, different proportions etc., but even height would help a lot.
yeah that'd really be helpful. i actually saw of their models in store yesterday. apparently they only use in-house models so you could probably call to find out ... still annoying though.

Originally Posted by drmmr
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Ervell docs for $10?!

lol i saw those docs too. were they worn by runway models?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads