• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Allen Edmonds

mmize

Reaction score
While doing my daily search through shoes on eBay, I came across this interesting pair of Allen Edmonds.

Link

I am no expert in the brand, but the shoes do seem suspicious. Can any of you identify these as an older model, or could these simply be fake shoes.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's real.

AE used to (and may still do) have a customs program.

That pair of shoes is VERY old.

also, what the hell is the point of faking a pair of AE? It's like faking a Merona shirt from K-mart.

factorial

Reaction score
Older model, just took a quick Google to figure that out.

Somehow I don't think there would be a big market for Allen Edmonds fakes anyways -- much more profitable to fake Ferragamos or Pradas.

phillyesq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by factorial
Older model, just took a quick Google to figure that out.

Somehow I don't think there would be a big market for Allen Edmonds fakes anyways -- much more profitable to fake Ferragamos or Pradas.

I kind of agree that faking AE doesn't make a lot of sense. It would be like faking Brooks Brothers. The flashy, designer names are the type of stuff that is more likely to be faked.

Especially faking old shoes like that really makes no sense.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
100% authentic.
It is always prudent to conduct research (including history) into any brand name before engaging a purchase on Ebay (or anywhere else for that matter). Too bad those shoes weren't a little more stylish...then again, after watching Shark Week on Discovery channel, I sort of feel sorry for the shark...which now begs a question...what type of shark was used to make those shoes?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
100% authentic.
It is always prudent to conduct research (including history) into any brand name before engaging a purchase on Ebay (or anywhere else for that matter). Too bad those shoes weren't a little more stylish...then again, after watching Shark Week on Discovery channel, I sort of feel sorry for the shark...which now begs a question...what type of shark was used to make those shoes?

Probably the type of shark that is typically caught and sold for meat. Thresher would be my guess.

I'm a big marine biology fan/amateur and also a big opponent of the shark-fishing industry. Most of the sharks being fished are threatened or near-threatened as species. You might think, well, fewer sharks in the ocean is a good thing, right? Turns out that killing off the keystone predator of an ecosystem throws the entire thing out of whack in a major way. So the depletion of the ocean's sharks is actually a serious cause for concern.

At any rate, sorry to digress. Hopefully an interesting bit of trivia at best.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmize
While doing my daily search through shoes on eBay, I came across this interesting pair of Allen Edmonds.

I am no expert in the brand, but the shoes do seem suspicious. Can any of you identify these as an older model, or could these simply be fake shoes.

Real. Not fake.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Probably the type of shark that is typically caught and sold for meat. Thresher would be my guess.

I'm a big marine biology fan/amateur and also a big opponent of the shark-fishing industry. Most of the sharks being fished are threatened or near-threatened as species. You might think, well, fewer sharks in the ocean is a good thing, right? Turns out that killing off the keystone predator of an ecosystem throws the entire thing out of whack in a major way. So the depletion of the ocean's sharks is actually a serious cause for concern.

At any rate, sorry to digress. Hopefully an interesting bit of trivia at best.

I agree with you 100% AB.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, AE has James Cameron doing their CGI photoshoots.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
What makes you think they are fake?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads