• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They sold in 4 minutes flat ahaha. Also, tween, they're gonna be longings with commando sole, my taxes ended up beig ******* nothing.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
all i want to wear these days are nice, relaxed t-shirts...closet has piles and piles of tight tees from rock shows...wear them to gym or in bed now. smaller pile of nonnative, psd, rxmance, doma and so on getting rotated instead...

Right there with you, man. Unfortunately, this desired aesthetic pretty much requires you to pony up for the pricier t-shirts, since sizing up on most brands is just going to give you that potato sack look.

I'm also so burned out on tight denim that I'm fixated on pieces like those Dries pants you just bought.

Basically, I want to wear better quality gym wear. Always a Kunk concept.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mylPk.jpg

spring is getting closer, time to revisit some good s/s stuff. The perfect summer suit + the sandals make this even better

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats a pretty wild suit right there.

unrelated; gotta love it when the "WTB" in your sig actually works out perfectly
inlove.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
all i want to wear these days are nice, relaxed t-shirts...closet has piles and piles of tight tees from rock shows...wear them to gym or in bed now. smaller pile of nonnative, psd, rxmance, doma and so on getting rotated instead...

Originally Posted by APK
Right there with you, man. Unfortunately, this desired aesthetic pretty much requires you to pony up for the pricier t-shirts, since sizing up on most brands is just going to give you that potato sack look.

I'm also so burned out on tight denim that I'm fixated on pieces like those Dries pants you just bought.

Basically, I want to wear better quality gym wear. Always a Kunk concept.

Ha ha, I'm way behind both of you guys. Still in the tight indie rock concert tee phase. I suppose I'll migrate out of that eventually.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Ha ha, I'm way behind both of you guys. Still in the tight indie rock concert tee phase. I suppose I'll migrate out of that eventually.
Shower before you go to bed and sleep in the shirt you plan to wear the next day. It drapes awesomely (2) Speaking of Gymwear: has anyone used uniqlo's "dri-fit" stuff? I might just snag a whole bunch of tees for the gym if they're significantly better than hanes cotton tees

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
They sold in 4 minutes flat ahaha.

****. gotta act fast next time

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
one time i saw scott sell a pair of used Common Project senakers on here

they might have been up your alley, i don't know

it might have been except that i have 5 pairs of cps 3 of which i need to get rid of ...
ffffuuuu.gif
the legendary achiles low white kopped back in oct i haven't even gotten round to wearing yet

kwoyeu

Reaction score
lol @ epic quote

Xeno, STFU. I am tired of you. There is something really grating about your posts. Also, (and this is from another thread) don't go about telling Brian how to act on the forum. Brian is the moderator of this specific forum, and you respect him on it. If you have a problem with him, you take it up in PM, or not at all.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
That National Geographic collection that you did for Louis Vuitton men’s wear this summer, was that your intuition? I love that collection.
MJ: Yeah, me too. You know I’m very happy with the team that does men’s wear for us, with Keith, and with Olivier and Willy and Peter. I sometimes wish I were more involved. but men’s wear is not something I’m really good at. In fact, men’s fashion frightens me. I really find men who are fashionably dressed terribly unsexy. I think fashion is something for women. It’s a terribly sexist thing to say, but I just don’t find fashionably dressed men attractive, and men who take too much time in the bathroom and spend too much time on their body, I find a bit poncy and silly. It just doesn’t turn me on. So I let it go to the people who find it a turn-on and who are really passionate about it.
It’s weird to have your name put on the collections they make, isn’t it?
It is. I feel a certain amount of shame. I feel a bit fraudulent in saying that I’ve been doing this men’s wear collection when I haven’t had daily involvement in it. Although I can say very honestly I don’t do every part of the women’s collection, I am involved in every aspect of the women’s collection. But with the men’s, it’s a bit different. I feel like a bit of a fraud, and that’s what’s tough for me. I don’t know what other designers feel, but I just don’t like to pretend that I’m something that I’m not. I’m not superman and I don’t do everything.
http://www.buttmagazine.com/?p=89 (ht: rach)

When Marc Jacobs decided to improve his diet and exercise regimen three years ago, he also amped up his approach to grooming. The designer began getting regular facials, massages, manicures, and pedicures and now uses no fewer than five skin-care products a day.To finish, he applies Bang, his first new men's fragrance in nearly a decade. "I was the antithesis of all of this," the 47-year-old says of his newfound narcissism. "I just had no interest at all. And then it was, like, anything that makes me feel good I wanted more of. Taking care of myself makes me feel good." Here are the highlights of his routine.
http://www.details.com/style-advice/...agrance-advice

to be fair though, there's a five year interval between the interviews
ffffuuuu.gif
... wonder what happened

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
You just need a facebook profile. If you like their gilt groupe page, you can preview the sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads