• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see what you did there
smile.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FRIDAY CHALLENGE

This one's for you Mr. Spoo.

But first a few disclaimers.

1. I'm a rookie so my "A" game may be more of a "C-" game, please don't hold it against me. It's my first MTM so I think it fits best of all the suits I have.

2. Manton, before you even start, I do not own any decent shoes with laces. I blew my load on these Zegna Couture loafers before I knew enough about shoes. Untill I can afford another pair this is what I am working with.

3. Whnay, I'm not a big photo guy my only camera that can upload is my phone. Too add, my wife can only handle taking so many photos that all look the same to her, she is still getting used to my affair with SF. Please therefore forgive the photo quality.

4. For some reason, maybe the way I'm standing the jacket sleeves seem to look a tad longer than they are IRL.

5. I am including some fit pics and some close ups that better represent the true colors of the items. Per the advise of a certain member here I did not wear a PS, but I put some pics of it in as I would like to know if you guys think it's a good look with this outfit.

So, Mr. Spoo if you think these are up to snuff please include them in the challenge, if not hopefully it will be worth the post for the feedback. Cheers.

2011-03-16_23-14-51_899.jpg

2011-03-16_23-18-35_482.jpg

2011-03-16_23-13-56_399.jpg

2011-03-13_23-03-15_103.jpg

2011-03-13_23-04-34_780.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Navi

Reaction score
FRIDAY CHALLENGE

VNEw4.jpg

I don't have any good green ties or I would have worn one of em. :p

Also Spoo, I'll throw in that I actually like the outfit everyone was calling too busy. Love the pattern on those trousers, and deets on the tie?

edit: Opinions on my new tie above? Got it today, not sure if it's too busy but I like the pattern. From afar it looks pretty cool, imo.

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims

A purple safari jacket?? Yes please
wink.gif

The orange cords are truly shining, yet i love them. And the work pretty well with garnments which´s textures are not smooth as silk.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

The sun is already out here, so i guess brightness is fine. Sorry to hear that you didn´t like the shoes, i dare say they are outstanding, therefore i love ´em
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Orgetorix

Well, i credit it to my inaptitude to properly speak/understand English: although i suppose Barim´s comment wasn´t snarky, i don´t get the joke.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
FRIDAY CHALLENGE

You are included. I think this looks very nice.

Originally Posted by Navi
Also Spoo, I'll throw in that I actually like the outfit everyone was calling too busy. Love the pattern on those trousers, and deets on the tie?

Thanks - the tie was an unlined Kiton wool.

Also, yours was an entry today, right? Can you edit your post to include "Friday Challenge" in it so I can include you if it was?

marlboroman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Three-day business trip: One suit, three shirts, three ties, one pair of shoes, and a bonus of a pair of boots bought on the trip.

Day one:
50fd518e.jpg

Day two:
c7376a91.jpg

Day three:
5143721a.jpg

The suit:
b72730ef.jpg

The shoes:
728e7954.jpg

And my favorite, the New Boots:
c7aa62c5.jpg

Love the boots! What are they?

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thanks - the tie was an unlined Kiton wool.

Also, yours was an entry today, right? Can you edit your post to include "Friday Challenge" in it so I can include you if it was?

Sure, added. I didn't think my fit was good enough to be an entry but hell, why not?
smile.gif
Also, I envy your Kiton collection.... I might kill a man for it to be mine.
devil.gif

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Also, I envy your Kiton collection.... I might kill a man for it to be mine.
devil.gif

Navi, You might need a lookout man. I can do it for 5 or 6 fits. And I'm very good at keeping secrets.
bigstar[1].gif

Nice fit of your own btw...though the SC looks a tiny bit on the big side.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I post today's attire, I note that, in architectural terms, the prevailing style on WAYWRN is like that of the Seagrams building in New York - tall and thin, the bronze skin of the exterior of the building stretched tightly over the building's frame, simple lines, almost no ornamentation of any sort, but made with the most luxurious of materials.

I think most of you strive for a style like that.

Whereas you're all trying to be the Seagrams building, I'm more naturally striving for Blenheim Palace. Let us hope that my cornices, architraves, and pilasters are in good order today.

I can well imagine that my "fit" today will not be popular. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, let me predict people's reactions.

Mbreinin will hate the fact that I'm wearing purple.

Spoopoker will hate the fact that I'm not wearing ENOUGH purple.

Acridsheep will dislike the amount of bling.

Spoozy will not understand why all three pieces of my suit match.

Orgetorix will be horrified that I thrifted nothing that I was wearing (though, in my own defense, I bought nothing a full retail - I have SOME principles, after all).

Threadbearer will not understand why I'm not wearing argyles

Holdfast will wonder what deep-seated psychological problems drive me to dress as I do

UrbanComposition will whizz past my posting in his need for speed scrolling

NORE/Forex/Bigbris (I posit that they are one in the same) will be too busy reaching for an anti-regurgitant upon seeing my face to notice what I'm wearing

and

Oldog/Oldtrix will say nothing, as the Buddha of Pattern Matching instructs best by example, showing the true path towards sartorial nirvana (possibly leading to various spots on upper Madison Avenue, Jermyn St., and Savile Row on the way).

IMGP0255480x1280.jpg

IMGP0248851x1280.jpg

IMGP0249851x1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads