• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

subdivide

Reaction score
Shopping for RRL on ebay is really great. I find the most rewarding aspect of RRL on ebay to be that lone seller listing many, many shirts at exorbitant, near original retail prices. It's great because you can see his shop-tanned torso (top three buttons undone obvs) and goateed chin in EVERY SINGLE AUCTION in the exact same pose.

That guy rules. I wanna do shots with him and Dave Navarro at Planet Hollywood over a ripping guitar solo. ****, Ralph Lauren should hire him as "the face" of RRL.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by subdivide
Shopping for RRL on ebay is really great. I find the most rewarding aspect of RRL on ebay to be that lone seller listing many, many shirts at exorbitant, near original retail prices. It's great because you can see his shop-tanned torso (top three buttons undone obvs) and goateed chin in EVERY SINGLE AUCTION in the exact same pose.

That guy rules. I wanna do shots with him and Dave Navarro at Planet Hollywood over a ripping guitar solo. ****, Ralph Lauren should hire him as "the face" of RRL.

That guys photos annoy me so bad

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
I noticed this as well, very interesting. I was in Vegas this week and the guy at Barney's told me that all of the RL outlets get RRL at crazy discounts during the summer months. Anyone know anything about this?
it's totally random. has nothing to do with season. if you want to save the trip, call and ask the nearest joint if they have any "PSR" (shopspeak for retail merch that comes to outlets) on sale. holiday collection stuff might come soon.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

The thought of buying something that dude has worn skeeves me out to no end.

osadolor619

Reaction score

Today I saw a vest that he has posted for $323 and therrshop has the same one posted for $99. That guy is ridiculous. Not only do his pics ANNOY tha **** out of me, sometimes I just want to message him and ask.. "Are you serious?"

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
it's totally random. has nothing to do with season. if you want to save the trip, call and ask the nearest joint if they have any "PSR" (shopspeak for retail merch that comes to outlets) on sale. holiday collection stuff might come soon.

good info, last time i called and asked if they have any "R-R-L or double RL."

They gave me "huh? what?"
plain.gif

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tv2177
good info, last time i called and asked if they have any "R-R-L or double RL."

They gave me "huh? what?"
plain.gif

It's amazing how the product level of the outlet employees and the actual Ralph Lauren stores differs. It's like night and day.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's definitely pronounced "double RL"

they don't know because they might not have actually looked through the stuff personally. even if they did they probably have no clue what's back there unless it arrived recently. it's a constant flux or stuff. sometimes stuff literally just gets misplaced and doesn't find it's way back for a long time. this is why you should go whenever you have the opportunity.

kurupted

Reaction score
how much do the jeans cost at full retail? i.e. the low straights - i really don't want to get them on ebay because i see that the sizing is all over the place, are they something reasonable? i.e. under 250

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kurupted
how much do the jeans cost at full retail? i.e. the low straights - i really don't want to get them on ebay because i see that the sizing is all over the place, are they something reasonable? i.e. under 250

as far as I know, the raw once that came out this season is around $220 and $230 depends on the fit you like. You can call Context/Blake/RRL or go to Barney's to buy them.

the once with special washes would cost as much as $350+ depends on the wash.

blklblk

Reaction score
as far as I know, the raw once that came out this season is around $220 and $230 depends on the fit you like. You can call Context/Blake/RRL or go to Barney's to buy them.

Right on, the slim fit one wash and rigid are both $220 retail, the low straight in one wash and rigid are $230. Then there are the special washes they do.. The washed slim fits we have are $360.. I'll post some pics this weekend.. on a side note, I just uploaded 5 of their button ups and the birdseye cardigan on our affiliate thread ..!

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
it's definitely pronounced "double RL"

they don't know because they might not have actually looked through the stuff personally. even if they did they probably have no clue what's back there unless it arrived recently. it's a constant flux or stuff. sometimes stuff literally just gets misplaced and doesn't find it's way back for a long time. this is why you should go whenever you have the opportunity.

I was at an outlet two weeks ago and overheard one employee explaining to another employee (who was putting RRL jeans on the rack) what RRL was. She told him theyre more expensive than regular RL jeans but not as high quality
facepalm.gif

King Leer

Reaction score
Some do, some don't. Outlet people usually don't as an RRL customer is not really the type of customer you'll see in a rural outlet usually. I remember once I was in Indy for a wedding and popped into an outlet and nabbed a pair of RRL jeans for like 30 bucks. The SA knew nothing about it and yet there was a ton of that stuff there.

kurupted

Reaction score

Thanks, looks like you've done the research!
biggrin.gif
I guess I'll stop by Barney's when i'm in NYC and grab them - I'm guessing they keep all their prices pretty much the same. Interested in the one wash low straights!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads