• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darren Aronofsky to direct next Wolverine film!

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
Clint???

When did Aronofsky plan to film that movie? When he was 10?

Nope. Aronofsky was attached to Batman long before Nolan. He had several stabs at it. These ranged from Eastwood as an aging Batman to the current Batman - Christian Bale. He also wanted Warner Bros. to push the rating out to an R. Nolan later picked up the pieces with a "˜friendlier' studio version.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
Nope. Aronofsky was attached to Batman long before Nolan. He had several stabs at it. These ranged from Eastwood as an aging Batman to the current Batman - Christian Bale. He also wanted Warner Bros. to push the rating out to an R. Nolan later picked up the pieces with a "˜friendlier' studio version.

I think Eastwood as an aging Batman would kick serious ass.

While I'm on the subject of Movie's I'd Like to See, how about a movie version of Gotham Central?

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Sure, for a Batman Beyond movie. But Clint Eastwood running, jumping, and fighting? I would fall out of my chair laughing.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I certainly hope its an r-rated wolverine movie!

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
I agree.

Originally Posted by deadly7
Sure, for a Batman Begins movie. But Clint Eastwood running, jumping, and fighting? I would fall out of my chair laughing.
I think one of his proposals had very little reference to anything bat related. The studio wouldn't touch it. I don't know if this was one of the ones with Eastwood in mind.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
I agree.

I think one of his proposals had very little reference to anything bat related. The studio wouldn't touch it. I don't know if this was one of the ones with Eastwood in mind.

Er. I meant Batman Beyond, as an aged Bruce Wayne mentoring young Terry. But I'm still amazed at the concept of Eastwood as a bat-figure.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clearly you guys haven't seen Million Dollar Baby. It had him training a young Batgirl. I mean, Lucius Fox was in a big chunk of it.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
Sure, for a Batman Beyond movie. But Clint Eastwood running, jumping, and fighting? I would fall out of my chair laughing.

Works for me, I loved Batman Beyond. It would make great source material for a future sequel / reboot.

Another Batman Movie I'd Like to See is "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader."

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to see Hush as a cinematic film but I don't think they'll be able to put all the cameos in the film.

But this is the Wolverine film thread so I want to see Omega Red.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Darren Aronofsky no longer directing 'The Wolverine'
Black Swan director Darren Aronofsky will no longer be helming the Wolverine sequel for Twentieth Century Fox. In a statement issued by the studio, Aronofsky said, “It became clear that the production of The Wolverine would keep me out of the country for almost a year. I was not comfortable being away from my family for that length of time.” (The film was reportedly going to be set in Japan.) “I am sad that I won’t be able to see the project through,” continued Aronofsky, “as it is a terrific script and I was very much looking forward to working with my friend, Hugh Jackman, again.” Twentieth Century Fox echoed Aronofsky’s regret: “While we are of course disappointed that Darren can’t do The Wolverine, we also understand and respect his reasons … Hugh Jackman and Fox both remain fully committed to making The Wolverine. We will regroup and move forward aggressively.”
via EW

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7

Very disappointing news and completely lowers my expectations that this movie will be good.​

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7

via EW

****!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads