• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
OK thats good. I emailed them. Hopefully they'll unlock my thread soon. Thanks for all your help!

I hope so.

I foresee my paychecks going to you.

Strawfuts, Player, 5th Ave....................

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random Question time:
Why are some threads "squirelled" as opposed to deleted?

Is it for the mod reading pleasure, or to keep a record of them?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mods, I have (had?) a thread that was locked and i dont know why. NO I did NOT bump my own thread. Can you help me understand why? Threads here
Originally Posted by james_timothy
Wild guess: all those 2 post members saying the inane "pm sent" gives the appearance of impropriety. Fortunately, the mods can do an IP check, if they really feel like it.
This. That many 'PM Sent' messages makes us think a seller is probably trying to game the system by having buyers bump the thread. I have never seen so many PM Sent messages in a row in one thread ever. Did you ask them to post that?
Originally Posted by Kajak
Random Question time: Why are some threads "squirelled" as opposed to deleted? Is it for the mod reading pleasure, or to keep a record of them?
Both. And occasionally someone will pay us or donate to charity to un-squirrel a thread.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
This. That many 'PM Sent' messages makes us think a seller is probably trying to game the system by having buyers bump the thread. I have never seen so many PM Sent messages in a row in one thread ever. Did you ask them to post that?

Both. And occasionally someone will pay us or donate to charity to un-squirrel a thread.

id pay to have the penis wallet thread back
devil.gif

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
j;4246933 said:

My PM box kept reaching the 500 mark and i wasnt getting any new messages from new buyers because my PM box was full so i told the people who already messaged me to send post a message on the thread when they paid because i kept mixing up who's order was whose (i got 4-5 payments in one day and in paypal it doesnt say the SF username so it got really confusing and i almost shipped people the wrong shoes). I didnt by any means try to bump my own thread, i just thought that would be the easiest way to sort out the payments, and i didnt realize that in the interim i was bumping my own thread. If SF can forgive me for my stupid mistake, i will probably just have the thread pinned which would avoid this problem altogether (I didnt know how/that i was able to get my thread pinned). Thanks j. Im really sorry about this stupid mistake and i definitely learned my lesson from this.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i told the people who already messaged me to send post a message on the thread when they paid because i kept mixing up who's order was whose

In all fairness, this is grounds for B&S forum-banning

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am willing to pay to get it pinned now that i realize my mistake; why ban me?

Why does a dog lick his balls?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am willing to pay to get it pinned now that i realize my mistake; why ban me?
I'm not calling for your banning but you broke the rules and asked people to bump your thread up. The explanation for it is weak and makes no sense whatsoever, but since you're willing to give the forum money, it can easily be redeemed. I'm all for people giving the forum money.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Why does a dog lick his balls?

Im not exactly sure, but i also wish my PM was bigger then 500 messages. I also didnt know that a regular member can have a thread pinned; i thought it was only for mods and like charity threads (like the one TRINI has up now). If i did, i would have pinned it from the beginning

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'm not calling for your banning but you broke the rules and asked people to bump your thread up. The explanation for it is weak and makes no sense whatsoever, but since you're willing to give the forum money, it can easily be redeemed. I'm all for people giving the forum money.

Im willing to give the forum money. I didnt even intend to bump my thread. AI just wanted to keep getting messages. If the SF and mods can forgive me, ill send the money to have the thread pinned (is there a link to where i can see how to get it pinned/where to send the money?).

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not exactly sure, but i also wish my PM was bigger then 500 messages. I also didnt know that a regular member can have a thread pinned; i thought it was only for mods and like charity threads (like the one TRINI has up now). If i did, i would have pinned it from the beginning

Granted it's not in the rules link, but it is something you see on every page inside b&s:

http://www.styleforum.net/announcement.php?f=20&a=17

Next time look a little more carefully.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads