• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gusvs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
these look like that have a HaF?

Correct
smile.gif

JDelage

Reaction score
What does HAF stand for? I know what they are, just not what the letters are the acronym for.

Neb

Reaction score
Finally bought myself some shoes worth mentioning.

Loake 1880 Buckingham - they were supposed to be the tan burnished calf but they look brown to me? Maybe someone can weigh in?

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They look like plain tan to me. A bit dark for tan yes, but I don't see the "burnished" part of it.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
these look like that have a HaF?

wow, your eyes are sharper than mine
laugh.gif

just realized the double row stitching of the heel counter. that's even worse, quasi.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
Sorry but the Norvegese shoes on this page are excruciatingly nasty looking. To each his own, tho.

This is the snarky nasty type of comment that brings SF undone. Unless the poster asked for an opinion - just STFU okay? The poster goes to some trouble to put up some good snaps of shoes for our edification and the best you can do is bag him and them...just STFU!

Originally Posted by Azul
il_fullxfull.211180643.jpg

sea turtle

Fanatstic. Now just avoid crossing the state line with them on!

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
+1,I agree. I don't know why anyone likes them,they are ugly.
Originally Posted by NORE
No, I said excruciatingly nasty
lol8[1].gif

FU*KING 'A RIGHT, they ARE UGLY!!! Anyone with the attitude to pull them off would be PROUD to have them called ugly. Not that I'd ever criticize anyone else's taste, but I may think that some of the more "elegant" styles (and highly praised ones, at that) I've seen are maybe really a bit "feminine" or "prissy". Tastewise, to each his own, I say. Construction-wise, no one with any real knowledge can argue that the quality of workmanship & materials used on the norvegese shoes recently posted here is anything but outstanding. It's simply a different expression of the artist's (shoemaker's) work. So, if you think they're ugly, fire away, friends. AND... if I happen to see you out wearing a pair of prissy, feminine (although undoubtedly high-quality) shoes, I'll be sure to hold the door for you, give your ass a pinch, and blow you a big kiss (although I'll keep my opinion to myself, the gentleman that I undoubtedly am).

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Santoni Ltd Edition Norvegese Wholecuts, in antique tan.

IMG_8457.jpg

IMG_8458.jpg

All the elegance of a classic wholecut, with just enough norvegese to show that your genitalia are "Outies", rather than "Innies". Just kidding.

DaBatMan

Reaction score
Now that is one gorgeous shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads