• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tobiasvl
What's the difference between 0701 and 0701MCXX (the Context collab) though? The latter specifically says it is a "0701 fit", but the German store DC4 lists the waist sizes differently on its 0701 than Context's size sheet does on its collabs, for example. I really really want the Context collabs, but have still not decided on a size. It's really unnerving to order online... I'm actually going to Berlin in one and a half weeks and am considering trying on DC4's regular 0701 to see how it fits
smile.gif
And only 180 pairs, too. Man, this is almost keeping me up at night!

the mcxx (context collab) combines a black thread weft (inside stitching) with an indigo warp (outside stitching), which lends to a slightly different color then what you would find on the 0701. it has more of that deep indigo feel similar to the pbj 007/009. they also have also changed some details ... for example, the pocket linings and rivets. from the chart it appears the cut is the same. its really a nice jeans but if this will be your first momo pair i would start with the mainline 0701.

tobiasvl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
the mcxx (context collab) combines a black thread weft (inside stitching) with an indigo warp (outside stitching), which lends to a slightly different color then what you would find on the 0701. it has more of that deep indigo feel similar to the pbj 007/009. they also have also changed some details ... for example, the pocket linings and rivets. from the chart it appears the cut is the same.
Yeah, I could tell as much from the pics
smile.gif
I was mainly comparing the fit, and yeah I guess the cut is supposed to be the same, but the waist sizes don't match in the charts I linked to.

Originally Posted by whatever123
its really a nice jeans but if this will be your first momo pair i would start with the mainline 0701.
Yeah? Why's that? (Limited runs appeal to me)

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tobiasvl
Yeah, I could tell as much from the pics
smile.gif
I was mainly comparing the fit, and yeah I guess the cut is supposed to be the same, but the waist sizes don't match in the charts I linked to.

Yeah? Why's that? (Limited runs appeal to me)

ah, the fit on the collab is the 0701 cut. they have the same fit.

pistolero

Reaction score
ImageShack
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
I updated the image hosting in my post below...

Tobias I say get the Context collabs!
smile.gif
If you can hold out long enough to try on a pair of the regular 0701s I would do it, just to be sure. As others have said, these don't stretch much so the top block is not very forgiving. If you're really worried about missing the boat on the Context collabs, I'd email them and find out how much stock they have left in your size. These have been around since last summer, so you never know.

Originally Posted by pistolero
Finally took some pics of my Momotaro x Context 0701MCXX. Owned for 9 months but more like ~ 5 months equivalent wear. One hot soak before first wear, no washes yet although it's probably about time. Fades are coming in nicely!

momos6.jpg

momos7.jpg

momos4.jpg

momos3.jpg

justuhgeek

Reaction score
What size are those pistolero? They fit great. The denim is beautiful, reminds me a lot of the PBJ 007

I recently pulled the trigger a pair of Momotaro 0201 size 29, and hot soaked them but they didn't turn out like I thought they would. A lot of people in this thread stated that these jeans shrink A WHOLE LOT, so I decided to size up; from what I observed, I couldn't agree. If anyone wants to trade me for a size 28 or purchase the pair, I'm willing to do so.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justuhgeek
What size are those pistolero? They fit great. The denim is beautiful, reminds me a lot of the PBJ 007

I recently pulled the trigger a pair of Momotaro 0201 size 29, and hot soaked them but they didn't turn out like I thought they would. A lot of people in this thread stated that these jeans shrink A WHOLE LOT, so I decided to size up; from what I observed, I couldn't agree. If anyone wants to trade me for a size 28 or purchase the pair, I'm willing to do so.

FWIW, a lot of people, like myself, may have sized up because these seem to run small, especially in the thigh. They are a slim cut. I fit in 34's in most jeans and had to go with 36 in these and still got a good slim fit. If you get 28's you may find the thigh's too tight. I don't really think anybody indicated that they shrink a lot. Good luck anyway.

Funksy

Reaction score
I don't know what the hell happened! I opened this thread to check out Momotaro and now I'm out $320 and a pair of 0701MCXX's is being shipped to my house!

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justuhgeek

Thanks. They are size 34, which is basically TTS.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Funksy
I don't know what the hell happened! I opened this thread to check out Momotaro and now I'm out $320 and a pair of 0701MCXX's is being shipped to my house!
You won't be sorry, it's a truly unique denim.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd Update: 1st Wash @7mos [Xposted]

701SEAsoak.jpg

on a lark, sea-soaked mine @Santa Monica Beach, CA. then later, their 1st [machine] wash, cold [x2].

worn a few times, after wash [back in NYC]:
701fb1.jpg

701stripes1.jpg

701whiskr1.jpg

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice evo going on there IIIrd.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of 701 at BiG yesterday. I had tried on a pair of size 30 at the Momotaro store in Tokyo two months ago but i couldnt even get the second button done. Tried on the 31 yesterday and it was perfect with a little room for shrinkage. Cant wait to get these going.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU
Just picked up a pair of 701 at BiG yesterday. I had tried on a pair of size 30 at the Momotaro store in Tokyo two months ago but i couldnt even get the second button done. Tried on the 31 yesterday and it was perfect with a little room for shrinkage. Cant wait to get these going.

Have fun with them. Momo's are good stuff! Please post pictures here when you get them. These things aren't documented enough (Will they ever be? Never seen enough when it comes to this brand).

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
Have fun with them. Momo's are good stuff! Please post pictures here when you get them. These things aren't documented enough (Will they ever be? Never seen enough when it comes to this brand).

About to hot soak them now. Then back to BiG this weekend for hemming. Ill post pics when theyre good to go

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads