• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Champions, Bundesliga world football threak!

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Thank you inter for putting a brief smile on my face

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw 1st half of Manchester/Marseille on FSC - those commentators were insufferable!
ffffuuuu.gif
A completely biased RedDevil/Sir Alex slurpfest.
laugh.gif
They would go for stretches w/o even mentioning Marseille at all, just jabbering on about the magnificience that is ManU. "I hope all you youngsters who are up late enough to watch this are paying attention to Paul Scholes, b/c he is putting on a masterclass". A second later Scholes sends an errant pass directly to a the French, launching a counterattack - complete silence as Utd scramble to contain the damage...
rolleyes.gif

How any neutral could listen to them and not come away hating Utd is beyond me. Just laughable...

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing touches the "ageless wonder" that is Ryan Giggs!

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Nothing touches the "ageless wonder" that is Ryan Giggs!

Don't forget the institution that is Old Trafford! It's one thing to beat Rennes away 7 - nil in the French league, but you come here to an historical venue like Old Trafford, steeped in history and tradition, and it's really something quite different, inn'it?
eh.gif

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
WHy would anyone outside their fans watch ManU-Marseilles while Bayern-Inter is on and delivering the best game soo far in the CL?!

Hope Inter get an easy opponent in the next stage for once!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I got to watch both games yesterday when we were at a pub. Inter's defense the first half was horrible. They got lucky that Bayern only got two goals out of the 12 shots on goal they took in the first half. Personally, I couldn't believe we saw 8 goals yesterday in just two games.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ANIKETOS
WHy would anyone outside their fans watch ManU-Marseilles while Bayern-Inter is on and delivering the best game soo far in the CL?!

Hope Inter get an easy opponent in the next stage for once!

I saw last 2/3 of Bayern/Inter 'live'. Cracker of a match!
wow.gif
I had DVR'd the ManU/Marseilles and watched the first half last night instead of the CONCAF CL BS they were showing...

Cotillion

Reaction score
So disappointing to Arsenal drop 2-0 to ManU this weekend
frown.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
How any neutral could listen to them and not come away hating Utd is beyond me. Just laughable...

Sounds like a man bitter than his team got resoundingly beaten home and away by Shaktar..
devil.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Sounds like a man bitter than his team got resoundingly beaten home and away by Shaktar..
devil.gif

Beat by Shakhtar?
confused.gif
I'm still bitter about the thrashing they got at Ol' Trafford!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ANIKETOS
No kidding!
Last year's CL finalists; Bayern had already won at San Siro; Inter up then down in the first half; this was THE match to watch! Eto'o + Sneijder brilliant as always.

I saw last 2/3 of Bayern/Inter 'live'. Cracker of a match!
wow.gif

Yes!

Beat by Shakhtar?
confused.gif
I'm still bitter about the thrashing they got at Ol' Trafford!

rf...Roma is really in trouble now...they're not even in Europa League for next year at this point. Big trouble in that squad. They did win the derby though, fwiw....

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
No kidding!
Last year's CL finalists; Bayern had already won at San Siro; Inter up then down in the first half; this was THE match to watch! Eto'o + Sneijder brilliant as always.

Yes!

rf...Roma is really in trouble now...they're not even in Europa League for next year at this point. Big trouble in that squad. They did win the derby though, fwiw....

Yes, the revised 'must achieve' goal is CL qualification. Does Italy get 4 CL spots next year? I thought they lost one...
confused.gif

Europa would be small consolation. This team really knows how to p!ss away points....

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anelka..jeez.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the revised 'must achieve' goal is CL qualification. Does Italy get 4 CL spots next year? I thought they lost one...
confused.gif

Europa would be small consolation. This team really knows how to p!ss away points....

Sorry, when I wrote "out" above I meant Juve, not Roma (even though Roma is in trouble).

Italy gets 3 certain CL spots; 1 CL Preliminary Round spot; and 2 Europa League spots.
Right now, under the current Serie A standings:

CL:
AC Milan
Inter Milan
Napoli

CL Preliminary:
Udinese

Europa League:
Lazio
Roma

Out:
Juventus, etc.

Jared7

Reaction score
I saw 1st half of Manchester/Marseille on FSC - those commentators were insufferable!
ffffuuuu.gif
A completely biased RedDevil/Sir Alex slurpfest.
laugh.gif
They would go for stretches w/o even mentioning Marseille at all, just jabbering on about the magnificience that is ManU. "I hope all you youngsters who are up late enough to watch this are paying attention to Paul Scholes, b/c he is putting on a masterclass". A second later Scholes sends an errant pass directly to a the French, launching a counterattack - complete silence as Utd scramble to contain the damage...
rolleyes.gif

How was the commentary when you watched this game?
xx

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads