• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not home yet to enjoy it though.
plain.gif

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
^where to cop kbs in chicago

From the trunk of a car from Michigan that's how I'm getting mine. I haven't paid too much attention anywhere else, I know Lush in West Town got 1 case and the other 2 places I know about are kinda my secret spots. I'll tell you one of them is the Noble Grape on Chicago Avenue, they have a 1 bottle limit...

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need an estimate (please). On the ebay/black market/after market for KBS. How much is a 4-pack worth?

Is it so good that it is worth $70 for a 4-pack? $100? What is a fair price to pay when you consider the scarcity, etc..?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
I need an estimate (please). On the ebay/black market/after market for KBS. How much is a 4-pack worth?

Is it so good that it is worth $70 for a 4-pack? $100? What is a fair price to pay when you consider the scarcity, etc..?

Direct from the Brewery = $19
Minnesota = $17 (damn you, ama)
Chicago = $25ish - people are paying like $30ish second-hand.

are you really seeing prices for $70 on eBay???

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President

Nope, it's originally priced at $19 a 4-pk at Founders, after it hits distribution you are usually looking at $22-25 at most stores, although I was told by a friend someone paid $30 a 4-pk yesterday. No beer is worth that much IMO, if you really want to try one, I'll just send you a bottle if you cover the cost of shipping. I'm just waiting for my Michigan connection to get his lazy ass down to Chicago...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JSC4 - i've got beer this ******* beer going everywhere so why not another. i'll see what i can snap up at the stores around my house. my goal is 1 extra case. no promises. shipping isn't cheap, but you'll probably pay less doing it this way.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so excited for this beer.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
I'm so excited for this beer.

sorry. just listed on eBay. bidding starts at $25/pack
laugh.gif

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I knows is tonight I will have KBS, CBS and Black Biscuit in my mouth! All on-tap and I will not tell anyone where because it's mine, all mine!!!

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
JSC4 - i've got beer this ******* beer going everywhere so why not another. i'll see what i can snap up at the stores around my house. my goal is 1 extra case. no promises. shipping isn't cheap, but you'll probably pay less doing it this way.

That would be great. Let me know. Very nice of you.

Even a single bottle would be fine. I know that KBS is a VERY limited commodity.

I want to compare KBS to the other stouts I have had (Breakfast Stout, Bourbon - Goose Island, Stone Russian Imperial, etc..). I would like to see how storing the beer in a cave 100 feet below the ground will enhance the flavor.
bounce2.gif

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I know is whoever I hook up with this beer, I'm going to Bedazzle my home address on the box.
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads