• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
So I purchased a pair of black double sole Brixton wingtip calf boots from Epaulet and have worn them maybe five times tops. Noticed today that the sole on the tips of the shoes have worn and the blacks has made way to show a wood like color (assuming this is the undyed leather). The black dye on the notion of the soles and on other places around the parameter of the sole is wearing already as well. Gotta say, I am a little emo about it. Will try to get some pictures up after but this cannot be normal is it?

Wear them a year or so then use some of this stuff:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...p_category=216

Works great!

thebunk

Reaction score
I will get some of the trim stuff you folks are recommending. Here are th epics though:

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2prvivk.jpg

whiskey ptb
argyles otc

beatific

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've been eyeing the LongWing Bulcher (Barrie Last) for a long time.
My only option is to order online, as there's no Alden retailer in Singapore.

I wear UK10 F in Loake 026 Last comfortably (snug)

Can anyone who owns both Loakes and Alden comment what size should I choose for the LongWing Barrie??

king*stink

Reaction score
Im wanting a more rugged looking boot thats not an indy. I have a pair of them already and i am wanting a smooth toe. I've somewhat narrowed my choices down to the Winn Perry "little tanks" in tobacco reverse chamois, The context roy roughout, and jcrews snuff suede boot. Whats everybodies opinions on these 3. I like the idea of the roughout suede and being able to do damn near anything in them but what about the regular snuff suede. How does it take to rain? I like the lighter shade of brown on the snuffs as too the darker roughouts. Ohio gets dumped on a lot from March through May so these boots will see a lot of wet. I like the reverse goodyear welt of the Roys. What is everybody elses opinions on the 3? and is there any other options similar?

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Suede on the Plaza with the Commando...snuff said.
60573993.jpg

96dc43c2.jpg

king*stink

Reaction score
Man them look good but they aren't my style. I like a more rugged looking boot and the plaza toe is very rugged looking

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
Suede on the Plaza with the Commando...snuff said.
60573993.jpg

96dc43c2.jpg

they are nice, but i just get the appeal of a boot on the plaza last, maybe a dress boot, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics