• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Streettonic_074_00.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not a fan of angry emo boy up there, but the other guys below look good. Particularly the guy right on top here ^. But both the top guy and the middle guy on this page have cotton (or linen) squares in cotton jackets. I personally would not do that, but Id love to hear someone with more info as to why.

Sazerac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Streettonic_074_00.jpg

I've never met him. Don't know his name.

But
ffffuuuu.gif

This is what the poorly dressed masses are afraid they'll become if they try to give a ****. He ruins it for all of us.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
. He ruins it for all of us.

Thanks for your comments but I have a different perspective. Nobody ruins it for all of us when it comes to clothing. You are pretty much free to wear what ever you want. But, it takes time and some practice to figure out what works and what looks good on you as well as developing your own personal style. I think there are many different ways to look good and express yourself. Personally, I would be bored with one uniform look although I like a wardrobe built on classic elements.

I've already posted a lot of classic approaches to wearing a pocket square. I want to mix it up a little bit for discussion purposes. You may dislike some and you might like others. As you go through them decide what works and what doesn't and most important why. This way you build your own vocabulary of personal style. You can decide which styles and colors will work best for you and the best way to fold and wear them.

By the way, I chose a favorite tie, shirt and jacket today before I meet with Chan this afternoon. None of my pocket squares worked with the combination, so I am going without one today. Sa la vie!

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent, I'm glad you brought this up. Its not for me but I'm all for personal style. It certainly isn't bad. And, I think it can look pretty good when done well.

Here is an example of a guy who does it right, coordinating with his brown hat and camel scarf.

5438104459_bd34f05fc8_b.jpg

This is a suit, not an overcoat.

Sazerac

Reaction score
I've already posted a lot of classic approaches to wearing a pocket square. I want to mix it up a little bit for discussion purposes. You may dislike some and you might like others. As you go through them decide what works and what doesn't and most important why. This way you build your own vocabulary of personal style. You can decide which styles and colors will work best for you and the best way to fold and wear them.

Actually, my objection wasn't to the pocket square -- nor even the shirt, nor even the tie. It's the rolled up jeans with it and that insipid "blue steel" gaze. It's all much too much.

Otherwise, I take your point completely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads