• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

uxter

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope someone in this forum can help me.

I would like to know the name and brand of the leather jacket that the musician Carl Barat is wearing in this pictures.

http://img853.imageshack.us/i/tumblr...4x1qb81ql.jpg/

http://img857.imageshack.us/i/tumblr...0t1qbwdsg.jpg/

http://img858.imageshack.us/i/tumblr...ii1qbwdsg.jpg/

It would be great if someone knows this jacket.

Thank you.
smile.gif

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
Want to buy a pair of RL chinos which come already hemmed with no cuff.

Is it feasible to buy a leg length that is 2" longer than I normally wear and turn this into a cuff? How much cuff would I manage out of it?

Would it look silly as the hem crease has already been set?

I broke a older pair of chino's down last night for some altering fun... as long as they aren't a darker fabric with a washed look it should be ok. But you might want to buy them 2 sizes long if you can, there isn't a lot of fabric in the existing hem. But I dunno, hem and chino's seems weird..

Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Everything about that model is bad. The jacket is too short, the pants are too long, everything is too tight, and he has both buttons buttoned. Don't make those same mistakes, make sure it fits you.

Cockpit of buttons is up to you. I think dark or light could equally work well.

The only reassuring thing about the fit of that suit is that every other yoox suit and model look just as bad. All of the suits are to tight, all front buttons done up and all pants "stacked" with the raw hem hanging out.
facepalm.gif

I can only go by size.. so I got a 40(50) and I'm a little more like a 39 so I hope it fits (cus I need a new suit for next weekend).

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
Is there a name for the styling of this sole? The particular part where the sole has a layer of different material/color to it. I like the look but I wasn't sure the proper word for it.

Originally Posted by jrd617
Heavy lug sole

I think contrast welting is what you're after. The fact that it's a lug sole is more or less irrelevant to the color of the welting.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AChekhovGun
For the love of God, someone explain the purpose of the ".." editing method to me so I don't go crazy.
The one or two members who do that find it to be an appropriate way of demonstrating their superior wit. The rest of us can only aspire to such things.

pstoller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
Originally Posted by AChekhovGun
For the love of God, someone explain the purpose of the ".." editing method to me so I don't go crazy.
The one or two members who do that find it to be an appropriate way of demonstrating their superior wit. The rest of us can only aspire to such things.

Some people want their posts to appear only temporarily. This board doesn't allow you to delete your own posts, but it does allow you to edit them. The minimum number of characters in a post is two; hence, ".." serves as the nearest thing to deleting one's own post. This was either invented or popularized by a member named Merkur, and has been dubbed "merkuring" in his honor.

Now, as to why somebody would regularly post things that they want to immediately erase (as opposed to addressing the occasional error in judgment), I have no idea. I suppose it keeps some of the inside jokes really inside.

Surreal

Reaction score
What do you think of this shirt? Can it be worn outside pants? Is the length ok? How is the fit?

55lekj.jpg

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you replace smooth silk facings on a tuxedo with grosgrain? And any idea is to how much it will cost (provided I supply the fabric)?

Thanks in advance.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flipping through a catalog, these caught my eye; I kind of like them. StyleForum approved: yea or neh?
crtby.png

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stant62
Can you replace smooth silk facings on a tuxedo with grosgrain? And any idea is to how much it will cost (provided I supply the fabric)?

Thanks in advance.

I don't see why not. As to cost, I am at a loss. I would imagine it would all have to be done by hand, perhaps somewhere around the hundred dollar mark?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Flipping through a catalog, these caught my eye; I kind of like them. StyleForum approved: yea or neh?

I couldn't get away with wearing them, but if it works for you then go for it. I assume you'd be wearing this casually in the spring, yes?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I couldn't get away with wearing them, but if it works for you then go for it. I assume you'd be wearing this casually in the spring, yes?
Yes, and into summer; most likely sockless with a white linen pant.

pstoller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Yes, and into summer; most likely sockless with a white linen pant.

Should be just fine.

officeboy

Reaction score
I'm thinking Nay... The 8 drop is killing me with these tight pants... I should have never squatted that once in high school. Also only about 2" to hem up on these, that model must have been short.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly not an expert in these matters, but I think it looks alright. I'd probably like a little more waist suppression, though. Wait for expert opinions.

By the way, who makes that suit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads