• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

Jack2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by guy321
I believe they're made by Mastai Feretti. If you look at the hang tag, it's the same as those you'll see on all the shirts marked Mastai Feretti, Brual, Jeff Kerry, Covent Garden, Cleveland, Bonser, Agho, etc...

Thanks--that is what I suspected. Nice summer shirts. Nothing really special, but similar to some Mastai shirts I have.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SAITT/Mastai Feretti owns Truzzi, not the other way around. Truzzi was the historic label they bought more recently. SAITT itself is only about 20 years old.

You have to realize that the Truzzi & Inco floods may have been unusual or unique events for Daffy's.

The Daffy's deal with Euro manufacturers for unsold stock or overrruns left them in prime position to snap up the higher end stuff when the market froze a couple of years ago.

Now either global markets are better, or manufacturers are more cautious, or both.

rayuela

Reaction score
I know there are boatloads of Mabitex kicking around at Daffy's but are there any Incotex anymore? I can't seem to find them where I look. Have they disappeared entirely?

Peurist

Reaction score
I haven't seen any Incotex yet this season. Last season, all they got were a few pairs of cottons, mostly in pretty ugly colors (teal was the majority) - but I believe it was a bit later on. The only major dress pants shipment I've seen recently is Bernard Zins, and that only went to the 40th & Madison store from what I can tell.

Peurist

Reaction score
Just thought this deserved a bump --- one of the Daffy's stores I visited today got in a whole load of suits from a brand called Ortenzi. Apparently they produce for a lot of well-known labels, as I saw a suit from Paul Smith, and a blazer from Dirk Bikkimbergs. This was the Elizabeth, NJ store; unsure what, if any, NYC stores received them as well.

Peurist

Reaction score
Ha...well if I see something worth mentioning beyond my blog, I'll try and update this SF thread, but no promises. New stuff this week was suiting from Sartoriani (only available at 57th East Side from what I've seen) - leftovers of made-to-measure suits from England. Also saw like 3 pieces from Moschino at that location. And the 34th St. store just got in a new shipment of shoes from Boemos, including a number of pairs marked as Barneys New York -- they produce most of the Barneys New York & Barneys Co-op shoe ranges. I'm assuming other stores will be getting more Boemos as well.

singh02

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the made in italy suede leather jacket at daffy's that sell for 149? The company's tags are cut but the comany's name starts with an O and ends with an l.

Fidgeteer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RangerP
Someone from the actual store should do this...

Would take like 1 hr a week at the most... Obviously won't happen...but one can wish.

I'm just glad the OP has taken the trouble to do this with one chain. Thanks for that.

unclesam099

Reaction score
Thanks for doing this blog, I've "discovered" the store in Philly.

I saw a pair of Zegna trousers there this past weekend, but they were a 32" waist.

I found a ton of Mabitex and I think Incotex as the label was cut out.

I was wondering about the shirts and which brands I should be looking for (outside of Mastai Feretti), so that list of other names that MF actually produces/owns is great.

I think I'll be headed back there again sooner rather than later!

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zooming out a bit, one thing you might track as well is changes in management at Daffy's.

The business has been run by the founding family for all of its 50 year life...until now.

Now they have a CEO from outside (Holt Renfrew background), and are looking for outside money and gearing up to expand in additional b&m locations and also online.

Bottom line is that off-price retailing is much more competitive, and while other chains like TJ Maxx have grown greatly, Daffy's has not.

What this will do to the quality of the product mix I have no idea.

Peurist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unclesam099
Thanks for doing this blog, I've "discovered" the store in Philly.

I saw a pair of Zegna trousers there this past weekend, but they were a 32" waist.

Just updated the blog; Daffy's has gotten in its half-yearly shipment from a boutique out on Long Island called Tyrone's. A few of the stores will be getting in sprinklings of Zegna, Lorenzini, etc...

If anyone sees a rack of this merchandise somewhere, please update this thread or post a reply on the blog. All the items will likely have little ,white handwritten hang-tags w/size and original retail price.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guy321
Just updated the blog; Daffy's has gotten in its half-yearly shipment from a boutique out on Long Island called Tyrone's. A few of the stores will be getting in sprinklings of Zegna, Lorenzini, etc...

If anyone sees a rack of this merchandise somewhere, please update this thread or post a reply on the blog. All the items will likely have little ,white handwritten hang-tags w/size and original retail price.

how do you know daffys got in this shipment from tyrone's?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads