• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

afc345

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
shoes as in boots or shoes as in sneakers?

Sneakers mainly, but boots are ok if you have any suggestion there.

Logan

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea who makes these shorts or something close to them?
ou2i6h.png

mottykytu

Reaction score
Can you guy tell me the name of this shoes , or something have a same style, Thanks you so much
41Up6Q0C0LL._SX342_.jpg

69H02BGRY_large.jpg

drum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jhnkago
Hey friends, I have a question on how I should go about tailoring a pair of sweatpants.

My alterations tailor would probably just laugh at me if I brought him a pair of sweatpants. There are tons of sweatpants out there cut like the way you're looking for. Raf and Rick Owens spring to mind, or Wings + Horns if you're looking for something cheaper.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by afc345
Sneakers mainly, but boots are ok if you have any suggestion there.

sneakers- i often think my raf vandals would look dope with a DR. you can go for a cp bball hi i guess. something with structure.

boots- chelsea boots would fit the bill. sleek, slim low profile like some paul smiths..maybe margiela.

fnspr3

Reaction score
I'm in Scotland for a semester at university. Looking to get some casual boots to wear mostly with jeans.
So far I have been searching and liking the Gentleman Travellers, are RW Beckmans a suitable equivalent? Are there any other boots that I should research before buying GT's? Are there any boots that would be better to buy since I'm in the UK? Comfort is a concern as I will be travelling and walking alot.
Any other clothing items worth picking up while I'm in Scotland, ie that are cheaper and or better here. I was thinking maybe cashmere.
Thanks.

ramp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drum
My alterations tailor would probably just laugh at me if I brought him a pair of sweatpants. There are tons of sweatpants out there cut like the way you're looking for. Raf and Rick Owens spring to mind, or Wings + Horns if you're looking for something cheaper.

If he's already got his Hugo Boss sweats though, might as well make it so they fit how he wants.

Jhnkago, just ask to have them tapered. They'll have you put them on and pin them in certain places until you get the fit you want. Its kind of an odd request for sweatpants, but they taper pants all the time. I know the old Ukrainian lady I go to would give me a dirty look if I asked her to taper sweatpants.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mottykytu
Can you guy tell me the name of this shoes , or something have a same style, Thanks you so much
[/IMG]

not sure exactly, but some ideas of the same look..

opening ceremony - M1 boot (leather sole)
rachel comey - jericho model
Clarks Desert Boot (crepe sole)
J. Crew MacAlister (crepe sole)

Surreal

Reaction score
Where do I buy shoes like this?

Don't have to be brown. I love the shape.

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
Could you help me spot what t-shirt and boots Mr. Law is wearing here? Please do not be limit edition stuff
frown.gif
And i reckon the jeans are some kind of Diors? I know celebrity spotting is tacky as hell, but i have at least posted in the right thread.

Bump

Jhnkago

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drum

The BOSS store offers free alterations so I'm considering bringing it back to get it altered. I'm curious about those sweats you've mentioned though. Do you have a link to where I may take a look? I'm generally finding it impossible to find any sweats anywhere, especially somewhat thinner, looser clothing sweats.

Originally Posted by ramp
If he's already got his Hugo Boss sweats though, might as well make it so they fit how he wants.

Jhnkago, just ask to have them tapered. They'll have you put them on and pin them in certain places until you get the fit you want. Its kind of an odd request for sweatpants, but they taper pants all the time. I know the old Ukrainian lady I go to would give me a dirty look if I asked her to taper sweatpants.

I appreciate it ramp, I may give that a try.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Robert Geller leather jacket has been resting on a wet towel for 24 hours. Did I ruin it?

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
Where can I buy RO skirt pants? I can't find them anywhere online and i don't feel like going to NYC just to buy a skirt. Would be great if it was e fw 09 ones

Oki-ni has them.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Alright, after I get a VAT discount, as long as my order is under $200 (US) I won't get charged customs correct?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads