• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duct tape wallets

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davesmith
ugly, and looks really cheap...
boxing[1].gif

For some reason I doubt he was trying to make an expensive looking aesthetically pleasing wallet, when he decided to make it out of duct tape. Obviously they don't look that nice, but the fact you could make something so intricate out of duct tape is pretty impressive.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
impressive stuff OP
worship.gif
...do they really sell leopard skin duct tape?

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian Melmoth
I find these creations strangely charming.

I'm saying. Should have posted only the first two pics. Once we started wading into Steelers purse territory, we had trouble on our hands...

Axel Ferguson

Reaction score
Those wallets look surprisingly intricate. Do you just weave little tape mats and tape those together again to make the bigger and folding items? Very cool in any way.

NateWV

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, they make about every color and pattern you can imagine.

NateWV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axel Ferguson
Those wallets look surprisingly intricate. Do you just weave little tape mats and tape those together again to make the bigger and folding items? Very cool in any way.

The main part of the wallet is made from one woven mat. I fold that piece to make both sides of the wallet and the inside pocket. Then the card pockets are added.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF?

Out of all the noobs who post stupid **** in mc day in and day out to the tune of "help me pick out a double ******* monk" I'm surprised you all would pile so much **** on this poor guy.

Yea, not igent approved goods but hardly deserved of the types of comments above. 'upset' "horrible"??

All from n00bs themselves who've been here <a few months.

OP: carry on, admire your creativity but Prolly not the best forum to sell these . don't let the clown posse get you down.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's great that you were able to create something like this out of tape, it definitely shows a "unique" artistic skill. Personally, I wouldn't ever have a need for one of these, and unfortunately this is not the type of product that will be received well around here.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I think it's great that you were able to create something like this out of tape, it definitely shows a "unique" artistic skill. Personally, I wouldn't ever have a need for one of these, and unfortunately this is not the type of product that will be received well around here.
+1 But IMHO, better use/misuse of duct tape.
sodahead.jpg

NateWV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
WTF?

Out of all the noobs who post stupid **** in mc day in and day out to the tune of "help me pick out a double ******* monk" I'm surprised you all would pile so much **** on this poor guy.

Yea, not igent approved goods but hardly deserved of the types of comments above. 'upset' "horrible"??

All from n00bs themselves who've been here <a few months.

OP: carry on, admire your creativity but Prolly not the best forum to sell these . don't let the clown posse get you down.

Thank you very much.

I really didn't come here to try to sell but more to get ideas and opinions. I hoped to get some ideas and see what I could do. Thought it would be funny to get ideas and post pics of my attempt. I realize this is a tough crowd and appreciate the feedback.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
WTF? Out of all the noobs who post stupid **** in mc day in and day out to the tune of "help me pick out a double ******* monk" I'm surprised you all would pile so much **** on this poor guy. Yea, not igent approved goods but hardly deserved of the types of comments above. 'upset' "horrible"?? All from n00bs themselves who've been here <a few months. OP: carry on, admire your creativity but Prolly not the best forum to sell these . don't let the clown posse get you down.
OP is advertising his stuff in a forum about fine men's clothing. This approximates a direct violation of forum rules, contributes to the runoff of high quality posters, and wastes bandwidth. Granted, OP's subsequent postings make him appear to be a nice guy, but a mere cursory review of the forum would have at least prepared the OP for the onslaught if not outright convinced him it would be a bad idea to post in the first place. Also, they are made of duct tape. Duct tape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads