• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
Heres the deal lane. 1You are creating a hierarchy of brands based on your perception of what the brand represents. Sadly you don't know what these brands represent because all you spout is meaningless philosophical pseudo intellectual bullshit that is 90% marketing. Instead of making objective judgements to support your statements you resort to meaningless sweeping generalizations that reveal your ignorance of the subject matter. Also you are just personally irritating. You want to talk about motivation? Fine, but 2) when you tell me I can never dare understand the intricacy of your personal aesthetic I know you're full of ****. And while there's nothing wrong about wearing only one brand, 3there's an issue when someone who does it talks authoritatively about a lot of brands.

And the worst part is you're not even original. There's been fifty posters with the same unique perspective as you. You're just especially annoying.

1) show me where I did this

2) same

3) same

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Heres the deal lane. You are creating a hierarchy of brands based on your perception of what the brand represents. Sadly you don't know what these brands represent because all you spout is meaningless philosophical pseudo intellectual bullshit that is 90% marketing. Instead of making objective judgements to support your statements you resort to meaningless sweeping generalizations that reveal your ignorance of the subject matter. Also you are just personally irritating. You want to talk about motivation? Fine, but when you tell me I can never dare understand the intricacy of your personal aesthetic I know you're full of ****. And while there's nothing wrong about wearing only one brand, there's an issue when someone who does it talks authoritatively about a lot of brands.

And the worst part is you're not even original. There's been fifty posters with the same unique perspective as you. You're just especially annoying.

Forgot to add that the real reason you wear Julius is because you want attention

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
oh snap

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
1) show me where I did this

2) same

3) same

1) it's self evident from everything you post

2) same

3) same

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i want a berny backpack

tumblr_li1vppEhxj1qcht0d

tumblr_li0wwsQmXY1qzcm07

These look pretty good. Who's the second one?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you realized it was a hobby you would stop over intellectualizing it. clothing is clothing, end of story. yes everyone has different reasons for buying clothing or participating in sf and following fashion, but stop reading into everything so much. its annoying and it masquerades as real discussion (which it isn't). if you have serious questions go see a therapist

you started off with this post before I even said anything about my reasons for buying Julius. I pretty much said I buy clothes, before you said all this drivel.

1) it's self evident from everything you post

2) same

3) same

Also, nice kop out, lol

lol8[1].gif

Forgot to add that the real reason you wear Julius is because you want attention

in so purty it happens anyways

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
These look pretty good. Who's the second one?

undercoverism

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
As I keep saying, on a phone. I'm sure someone else can quote the **** you talk on w+h et al.

Also as I said, you're unoriginal so what you're posting isn't surprising. If you'd been interested in clothing for more than a month you'd have seen this argument at out before. just retreat to sz already and save us from having to read your posts

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, all he would have to do is show me in my latest posts where I did any of that..

my comment about W+H was showing how people are more accepting if you buy the "approved" brands. I mean look at uncontrol, everytime he posts a fit he gets a bunch of tacky comments yet somehow wearing ******* boat shoes is stylish as ****.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Dude posting "give me examples" is essentially like Artisan Fran posting "evidence?" in response to everyone who disagrees with him in CE. I'm not picking sides or whatever but come on now.

evidence ?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 and 2

I can appreciate both...but it has to make sense. Like if someone is wearing BoO with RO leathers or sneaks I'm guessing your eyebrows would raise as well, no?

I dunno, RO just plain looks better with MORE RO. Same with Julius. They created something which warrants wearing the stuff head to toe. There is room for other names to come into play here, but its usually just a handful of other dark designers that wouldn't make it look dumb, imo. Plus, maybe people are creative, but they have such a tremendous love for a designer they are willing to cling to them. Don't get why you are always on this crusade about "creativity" when people are arranging outfits in the same manner. Its not like if you buy RO items you get a free guidebook inside the bag which tells you how to wear the stuff right.

3)
If geller was truly moreso responsible for the "romantic prussian military influenced" style cloak had going on for it than I'm quite disgusted as well, by these recent collections. They are so unimaginative and awful.

Also, yah at face value W+H is the blandest stuff I've ever seen in my life.

ryannn

Reaction score
Didn't you get sent to time out for being a grumpy elitist or something? If not, my bad. I'll just go back to cooking the second batch of pizza rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads