• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requiem

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I would suggest wearing a blue shirt with this suit and tie. White washes this out.

For a pocket square how about something with browns and creams? Like this?
6ouy939.jpg

Shirt is actually very-light blue, but yes, I can see how a true light blue would be better.
I have a big collection of ties, but still only a few pocket squares... brown and cream will be on my list.
Thanks!

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
The Impregnable were going to be the top of their range shoes as far as I recall. Are they Goodyear welted or blake stitched?
They where all Goodyear Welted, they had some plain black oxfords that seemed to be welted too but the leather looked very cheep and damaged already, so I gave them a miss, despite being pretty much what I was looking for!
They also seem to be consistently larger than stated...maybe thats why they're in the discount store!
-TTO

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
Love your shades. Hate your smoking habit.
confused.gif

Cheers..they're just an old pair of Opti-Rays that I bought back in the 80's
confused.gif

Yeah the smoking thing is not the best of accessories...nine more years then I'll quit
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by in stitches
whats the watch?

Nothing special...just one of my poor man's watches...Stührling Original "Open-Heart" automatic with a regulator dial...
stuhrling_01.jpg

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Yeah the smoking thing is not the best of accessories...nine more years then I'll quit
laugh.gif

Wow, nine years must be one of the longest periods of procrastination I've ever seen!
laugh.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Brothers? I think...YES!

Gitanes_031411_01.jpg

Slick-Backed-Jump-Smith-R_jpg_630x463_pad-black_upscale_q85.jpg

It's pretty awesome really.

I never tire of this comparison
fight[1].gif

Originally Posted by jobro
Wow, nine years must be one of the longest periods of procrastination I've ever seen!
laugh.gif

Well, I like to think that I put the PRO in crastination
devil.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif

Nothing special...just one of my poor man's watches...Stührling Original "Open-Heart" automatic with a regulator dial...
stuhrling_01.jpg

1. i just quit it sucks

2. too bad, i got excited for a second on the watch, thought it may have been a tourbillon

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. i just quit it sucks

2. too bad, i got excited for a second on the watch, thought it may have been a tourbillon

1. I quit back on 03 to buy a G5 while I was still in school and said that I'd start again once I paid off the loan or turned 40. I paid the loan off about a year before I turned 40 but stuck out the last year and started again last May...now I'll quit when I'm 50
laugh.gif

2. Stührling does make tourbillons but, as you can imagine, they're not as cheap as plain ole open-hearts...though they are far less expensive than higher-end brands. I've seen some Stührling tourbillons in the $300 to $400 range.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because the suit has a plain heather look it might benefit from an end-on-end in more of a medium blue. The end-on-end gives a visual texture that is nice with any solid or heather suit.

For the pocket square, simply brown and cream might be a bit plain for that cloth. Look for brown and cream but with bits of muted burgundy/red, navy/teal and gold in the pattern for contrast. Those colors will add more personality but when muted they won't be garish.

Originally Posted by Requiem
Shirt is actually very-light blue, but yes, I can see how a true light blue would be better.
I have a big collection of ties, but still only a few pocket squares... brown and cream will be on my list.
Thanks!

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never tire of this comparison
fight[1].gif

This was a compliment by the way. I love the look, and not many people can rock it like you do. Just once I want to see you in an Olive, notched lapel suit with the sunglasses, tie bar, and ear piece. Seriously...it would be my inaugural avatar on this site.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12. Stührling does make tourbillons but, as you can imagine, they're not as cheap as plain ole open-hearts...though they are far less expensive than higher-end brands. I've seen some Stührling tourbillons in the $300 to $400 range.

not that im in any position to buy one, but a tourbillon for under 50 grand doesnt seem get my attention. what can i say im a crazy person

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
This was a compliment by the way. I love the look, and not many people can rock it like you do. Just once I want to see you in an Olive, notched lapel suit with the sunglasses, tie bar, and ear piece. Seriously...it would be my inaugural avatar on this site.

I didn't take it as an insult but I've received like 6 PM's over the last two weeks with similar comments
laugh.gif
To be honest I was toying with the idea of DTOing Agent Smith for the Celebrity challenge from two Friday's ago.

not that im in any position to buy one, but a tourbillon for under 50 grand doesnt seem get my attention. what can i say im a crazy person

I really don't know a heck about watches and movements I usually just buy ones that 1) I like the style/design of and 2) I can afford
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads