• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
1. Yes
2. Yeah, a little bit in the width, not in length.
3. It's a 10 1/2 D, the B just indicates the heel width or something.

Originally Posted by mediahound
I posted this above, but it bears repeating. You probably want to follow Alden's fitting guidelines:

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=10893

Specifically: "Try not to depend upon breaking in to loosen up a tight feel. Goodyear welt
construction and quality selection of leathers result in a very strong shoe. Try for
a size that feels good right from the start
."

Thanks very much to the both of you.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to theWGP, some of the BB ones are copley last correct? Did you size them larger than the ones on the Van last? Or all the same size? Thanks for any help.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
Nice boots & socks mcarthur! What last are those on? I'm guessing Aberdeen.

Agreed and would like to know the last as well

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
to theWGP, some of the BB ones are copley last correct? Did you size them larger than the ones on the Van last? Or all the same size? Thanks for any help.

The Copley / Van last discussion I'll leave to those more experienced than I - though I do have a sneaking suspicion that it may have changed at some point over the years, based on anecdotal reports. FWIW, my BB black & #8 are both decades old, purchased with little wear, but the whiskeys are less than a year old. I have another pair of #8's that is also pretty old, same size, same awesome slipper-like feel.

The BB's are all size 11D, and the Aldens are all size 11.5D. All fit nicely, but the "old" BB's obviously fit somewhat looser. One of the #8's (the one in the picture, actually) is my designated "sockless in summer" casual shoe - just, what, two more months for that here?
plain.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of natty indys on preorder from Leffot for$450 that are shipping in the next coming few weeks. i am thinking of selling if anyone is interested. they are size 8.5D

pm me thanks

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
tx guys. I'm trying to figure out if they would work as formal shoes with a tux. Plain toe bal in black shell which could be polished up very well. Is that crazy ?

Not crazy at all. While I wear (and prefer) patent for formal, if you can put a nice polish on them, they will be more appropriate than the shoes that 80% of people wear with their Tux.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Alden Chukka in Shell Ravello

32133f2c.jpg

f7784616.jpg

marg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
1. Yes
2. Yeah, a little bit in the width, not in length.
3. It's a 10 1/2 D, the B just indicates the heel width or something.

They are the 405, not 403. The website said waxhide, not chromexcel. The picture is probably dark.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled out my #8 captoe boots to wear this morning and I noticed a small indentation on the left side. At first I thought I nicked it, but then I thought it would take quite a brute force to do this much damage and the color on top would be scratched off. It doesn't really bother me much, but I'm curious to see if anyone else got this 'imperfection' from Alden? BTW they weren't seconds.
4hqcl1.jpg

2yuwncy.jpg

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CTYGGG - gorgeous boots. What a perfect shade. How much wear do they have on them?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Pulled out my #8 captoe boots to wear this morning and I noticed a small indentation on the left side. At first I thought I nicked it, but then I thought it would take quite a brute force to do this much damage and the color on top would be scratched off. It doesn't really bother me much, but I'm curious to see if anyone else got this 'imperfection' from Alden? BTW they weren't seconds.

It looks fairly standard. Some of my shoes don't have it, some have it less than that, and others have it worse. It's one of the less bothersome flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads