• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Man, why in **** would you do that? How hard is it to **** its throat first?

This stuff always comes packaged by PETA or some vegan web site. I'm not saying that it's necessarily untrue, but I seriously doubt that it's a regular occurrence. As you have noted, it would be significantly more difficult to skin a live animal than a dead one.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
What did I just miss?

lefty

Originally Posted by Rambo
+WTF?

If your referencing the "**** it's throat comment" I think he necro-quoted something I said in reference to skinning badger or maybe mink a while ago.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of retrievers, here's a video of a hunting dog's POV:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
lefty

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, admittedly, I didn't grow up with a dog most of you would consider very manly; he's not a Bulldog or a Boxer, but nonetheless, I've always loved my Bichon Frise. This is an old picture from 2000 of me and my dog (far left), with two of my friend's dogs as well. It's sort of a bad picture of him, his eyes are closed and he had just come from the groomers and they didn't do a very good job with trimming his ears. He's been with me since 1997, just turned 14 in January, so I pretty much have lived my whole life with him. He's a great dog; his name is Spanky.
smile.gif
LGSIX.png

Reaction score
Sorry to say people, but dogs are not really my thing. I would rather give my love and time and care to a fatherless or motherless child than to a dog, if I had one to give or wanted to do so rather than to a dog, no offense.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Billyinthehood
Sorry to say people, but dogs are not really my thing. I would rather give my love and time and care to a fatherless or motherless child than to a dog, if I had one to give or wanted to do so rather than to a dog, no offense.

How could you say no to this face?

zmQ0p.jpg

sofaking9000

Reaction score
What is your deal man, everyone loves dogs. Don't believe me? Take a look at this: http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/stori...an-a-long.html The kid is a 6 year old aids patient, no parents and his only friend is a dog WITH THREE ******* LIMBS
crazy.gif
. The KID LIVES IN CHINA and YOUR COUNTRY'S government wont help him because the Chinese govt refuses to acknowledge AIDs, where are you man. I don't see you with that kid, although I do see a dog. That kid is gonna grow up to be the most bad ass alpha ever.
worship2.gif

BP348

Reaction score

That's great! Now please explain why you would even bother to look at this thread, much less post this assine crap, if that's the way you feel?

If thats truely the way you feel then I hope you don't have a dime to your name because you give all your spare $$$ to feed starving children.

IronRock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
How much/what kind of hunting is there in the UK? Are the laws pretty fucked or is it fairly open?

In terms of shooting the norm is driven Pheasant/partridge/grouse etc if you can afford it. The majority of people I know walk up woods and hedge rows or flight ducks and geese. Also stalking deer in the North of England Wales and Scotland.

What we call Hunting is hunting foxes on horse back using fox hounds, hunting hares on foot using beagles and deer on horse back using stag hounds. Then we have coursing and I beleive their might be a pack of Otter hounds that are now used for hunting mink.

The law was changed back in 2004 to outlaw hunting with dogs however the majority of Hunts survive as drag hunts (following a pre-laid scent) which is still allowed - if the pack then catches the scent of a fox and kills it, there is a loop hole in the law that says Hunt Masters cannot be prosecuted. The new Conservative government said they would repeal the law - we will see.

Do you have a pic of the Hunt Terrier? How was she used?

That Border is a nice looking dog but not very typey for the breed. Surprised to hear you say she doesn't have much prey drive.

THe hunt terrier was used to flush out foxes that had gone to ground. 4 of them followed the hunt in boxes on the front a quad, if the fox went to ground they were released and put down the hole. Aim was to flush the prey rather than get in a scrap and kill it underground. We had mixed results. I'll try and dig up a pic.

Border is a bit strange to be honest - looks rough coated but she is infact very smooth and soft, almost blue in colour under the right light. Complete lap dog. I'm suprised at her lack of drive too, she's very sweet though.

Originally Posted by JLibourel
I have tremendous respect for working-line, hunting labs--tough, drivey, dynamic dogs. For the average overweight urban "pigrador"...well, they're usually sweet, which is all most people want in a companion dog.

Couldn't agree more about the "pigrador."

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Well, admittedly, I didn't grow up with a dog most of you would consider very manly; he's not a Bulldog or a Boxer, but nonetheless, I've always loved my Bichon Frise. This is an old picture from 2000 of me and my dog (far left), with two of my friend's dogs as well. It's sort of a bad picture of him, his eyes are closed and he had just come from the groomers and they didn't do a very good job with trimming his ears. He's been with me since 1997, just turned 14 in January, so I pretty much have lived my whole life with him. He's a great dog; his name is Spanky.
smile.gif

LGSIX.png

All dogs are welcome in this thread. Cute dog.

Originally Posted by sofaking9000
Thread has a strong lack of
german-shepherd-a-20111410422.jpg

You're right. Your dog?

Originally Posted by IronRock
In terms of shooting the norm is driven Pheasant/partridge/grouse etc if you can afford it. The majority of people I know walk up woods and hedge rows or flight ducks and geese. Also stalking deer in the North of England Wales and Scotland.

What we call Hunting is hunting foxes on horse back using fox hounds, hunting hares on foot using beagles and deer on horse back using stag hounds. Then we have coursing and I beleive their might be a pack of Otter hounds that are now used for hunting mink.

The law was changed back in 2004 to outlaw hunting with dogs however the majority of Hunts survive as drag hunts (following a pre-laid scent) which is still allowed - if the pack then catched the scent of a fox and kills, it there is a loop hole in the law that says Hunt Masters cannot be prosecuted. The new Conservative government said they would repeal the law - we will see.

THe hunt terrier was used to flush out foxes that had gone to ground. 4 of them followed the hunt in boxes on the front a quad, if the fox went to ground they were released and put down the hole. Aim was to flush the prey rather than get in a scrap and kill it underground. We had mixed results. I'll try and dig up a pic.

Border is a bit strange to be honest - looks rough coated but she is infact very smooth and soft, almost blue in colour under the right light. Complete lap dog. I'm suprised at her lack of drive too, she's very sweet though.

I don't know much about terriers going to ground. Can you train them to flush as opposed to engage or do you just hope the fox bolts?

lefty

IronRock

Reaction score
I don't know much about terriers going to ground. Can you train them to flush as opposed to engage or do you just hope the fox bolts?

Hope the fox bolts.

My dad used to make tunnels out of chicken wire and old sacks in order to get the dogs used to working in confined spaces but as to whether you can train a terrier to flush a fox I'm not so sure. I've seen foxes dragged back up by their legs and noses but I don't think that counts.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Any miracle solutions for getting dog vomit and associated smell out of a couch? I searched the thread but did not see anything.

Nature's Miracle for most everything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads