• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G&H Buckshot Brogue. Just myth?

Bentley

Reaction score
I don't understand all of the love for these shoes. They look like you shot yourself in the foot.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Last Year's Man
they had gloves in the same colour with the same buckshot design, lined in something very soft, maybe cashmere I think.

My gf bought me a pair a couple of years ago, best birthday present ever.

ffffuuuu.gif
Thanks for adding something else to the unattainable list.

Originally Posted by Bentley
I don't understand all of the love for these shoes. They look like you shot yourself in the foot.

They are unique. I really dig them.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I'm a 9.5/10. If you sell in that size, talk to me. I've been wanting that shoe forever too.

Also member distinctive has a pair of the loafers in buckshot US size 11 in his current FS thread on the front page of B&S as we speak. $250 I think.

thats my size. thanks spoo....i like those.

alexanduh

Reaction score
just recreate it yourself..just dont be wearing the shoes when you pull the trigger

Jermyn

Reaction score
They had these in stock at 1 Savile row when I was last there to pick up some trousers.
If I remember correctly they are made by Cheaney and were retailing for around £180.

I'm actually starting a new job next week and moving to an office within a five minute walk. I'll drop by and ask about these during lunch, if I get a chance.

wyattearp

Reaction score
Does anyone know what they retailed for? and the average price they were being sold on ebay for?

I think I read somewhere it was about 500-600 new?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
yeah these WERE all over ebay mid-late last year.
interesting that they're apparently nowhere to be found now.

Probably due to end of season sales...

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wyattearp
Does anyone know what they retailed for? and the average price they were being sold on ebay for?

I think I read somewhere it was about 500-600 new?

i actually remember them being quite affordable on eBay.
like in the 300 range.
young_american might able to tell you more, as he bought a pair.

CaymanS

Reaction score
I'm all for the Buckshot Brogue, but you're not steezing right unless you've got the buckshot goon hand.

4nkukte

Kurt N

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bentley

+1. First reaction: Ah, that's different! Considered reaction: Not in a good way.

dk_ace

Reaction score
I can't see myself ever wanting or wearing those. If you like the look, why don't you just DIY? It would be really easy to shoot each shoe with a round of buckshot. That would probably save you a lot of trouble and money if you can't find them easily.

D

wyattearp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dk_ace
I can't see myself ever wanting or wearing those. If you like the look, why don't you just DIY? It would be really easy to shoot each shoe with a round of buckshot. That would probably save you a lot of trouble and money if you can't find them easily.

D

Unfortunately city living makes it difficult to justify owning a shotgun. At least in certain Canadian ones. If you did go that route, I can imagine you'd end up blasting the whole front off!! Alternatively, I guess you could punch out various sized holes, but then you'd need to put another layer on the inside. Unless you wanted increased ventilation! Hah

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads