• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

xM.

Reaction score
Should I keep and hem these plum jeans,

v2Wtb.jpg

trade them for these gradient ones

D4JBD.jpg

or just sell' em?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Do not hem those. Do not. If you are going to hem them, sell them instead, at least then someone else can use them. If you hem them you will ruin them and then you'll end up wanting to sell them in a few months anyway but they'll be ruined. Then I'll open up a thread in B&S titled "Geller Plum Jeans" and see that you hemmed them and be forced to come to wherever that snowy locale might be and decapitate you.

If you trade them for the gradients, same thing applies there.

I almost had an aneurysm recently opening a thread in B&S where someone was selling his Dauphins which had been hemmed to a 30 inseam. ****. You.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tell em why you mad jd.

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
^^^Geller I think.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
tell em why you mad jd.
It always annoys me when people do that. I'm like
ffffuuuu.gif
I would totally have bought those if you hadn't maimed them; if you were going to do that, best be sure you want to KEEP them!

Same thing with Diors. Like why are you buying Diors if you want them short hemmed.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
should I kop...

some new footwear (suede bucks)

or a +j military jacket?

Right now my footwear is white vans and ll bean boots and my outerwear consists of an ll bean wool overshirt, an oversized gap utility jacket, and my snowboarding jacket which I rarely wear casually.

xM.

Reaction score
I considered hemming because I'm like a 29-30 inseam and they look really silly stacked 35", but I'll probably either trade or sell.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
should I kop...

some new footwear (suede bucks)

or a +j military jacket?

Don't buy suede bucks, I already told you about that. That **** is going to date so rapidly. +J sounds like a better option, but on the other hand have you considered not buying a military jacket? What about a cool blazer or something? I just don't like how shapeless most military jackets are.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh, I don't see myself wearing a blazer that often though and I'm trying to limit my purchases to stuff that I'm going to wear more than once a week, at least. The only thing with buying more outerwear is that it is almost the time of year where I won't be wearing it anyway (how heavy is the +j military jacket?). If you don't like bucks, what kind of footwear do you like? For reference I'm a big fan of the kvc/scott/mf aesthetic.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
keep the plum jeans. get your tailor to fix the bumcrotch area. as all geller jeans seem to have bumcrotch fit issues...

ps gradient jeans are uggggg

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Do not hem those. Do not. If you are going to hem them, sell them instead, at least then someone else can use them. If you hem them you will ruin them and then you'll end up wanting to sell them in a few months anyway but they'll be ruined. Then I'll open up a thread in B&S titled "Geller Plum Jeans" and see that you hemmed them and be forced to come to wherever that snowy locale might be and decapitate you.
this right here. Don't be a ****** and screw up your **** xM. I am the same inseam wise. I just go with the stacks, tuck, cuff, or cuff inward.

karmaguy

Reaction score

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
eh, I don't see myself wearing a blazer that often though and I'm trying to limit my purchases to stuff that I'm going to wear more than once a week, at least. The only thing with buying more outerwear is that it is almost the time of year where I won't be wearing it anyway (how heavy is the +j military jacket?). If you don't like bucks, what kind of footwear do you like? For reference I'm a big fan of the kvc/scott/mf aesthetic.

For something closer to the mf look, I Rachel Comey oxfords, like the Derringer or Mateba. Maybe Paul Smith if you can find something you like. What would you be wearing your shoes with?

xM.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, even if it was needlessly hostile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads