• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fpr4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OneLouder
Thanks! - just got the sale price applied to my back ordered boots!
worship.gif

How did you get them applied to your backordered boots? I didn't get an email or anything about this discount. Is the sale over?

This kind of irritates me. I ordered the Katahdin boots and belt both. $140 is a HUGE difference from $200 and if this is the case I'm going to be quite upset.

OneLouder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fpr4
How did you get them applied to your backordered boots? I didn't get an email or anything about this discount. Is the sale over?

This kind of irritates me. I ordered the Katahdin boots and belt both. $140 is a HUGE difference from $200 and if this is the case I'm going to be quite upset.

Called customer service and axed them nicely.

anymajordude

Reaction score
Just received a pair of the GQ's.

I'm trying to decide whether to keep them or not. They feel pretty good, but I can't decide if they are too clunky.

What do you guys think?

(jeans are cheapo 501 STF's)
P1000115.jpg

P1000116.jpg

P1000117.jpg

P1000105.jpg

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep em. The Chippewa GQ's are good for knocking about.

fpr4

Reaction score
I don't like the toe on the GQ, but that's just me...

FENWAY

Reaction score
^^^ They look good, but the Engineer cap toes look great

fpr4

Reaction score
Great... backordered Katahdin's pushed back 25 days from original arrival date of April 1st. These boots better be damn good to deal with the hassel over just picking up a pair of Iron Rangers. edit: well for $10 more I flip-flopped and was able to pick up a pair of Orvis Cannon Valley Boots. Read the description and talked to one of their online reps and found out that they are Red Wing boots, fully manufactured by Red Wing and guaranteed by Red Wing and Orvis. On sale for $100 off. Anyone wanting to pick up a pair of Red Wings for $10 more than the Katahdin's might be interested. I'm usually pretty loyal to LL Bean, but pushing my backordered items back almost a full month made me go in another direction this time...
0L5TSB9.jpg

fpr4

Reaction score
Anyone have a reference on the width of the Katahdin's versus Red Wings IR's? Iron Rangers seem pretty narrow thru the heel and arch.

Msanti

Reaction score
I own a pair of black cherry Redwing GTs. Should I get the exact same size in the Katahdin to ensure the same fit?

vaalbara

Reaction score
is there anything fundamentally different about the waterproofed katahdins besides the lug soles?

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Msanti
I own a pair of black cherry Redwing GTs. Should I get the exact same size in the Katahdin to ensure the same fit?

Yes.

canderson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaalbara
is there anything fundamentally different about the waterproofed katahdins besides the lug soles?

The top of the boot is different. The waterproof has a "padding" around it while the normal one is straight leather.

I prefer the normal boot, and have a waterproofed-version sitting next to me to return next time I'm near LL Bean.

FYI, the Chippewa GQ boot looks just as good as the LL Bean Katahdin. Not much difference and I think the GQ sole is a bit more traction-friendly (wearing these now).

I've never worn an ee but am in these boots, they are very narrow in the toe box imo and were causing my big and little toe to rub a lot.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So one of the laces on my boots is coming apart. There's a loop of some white nylon filament type material that got through the braided outer sheath. Google showed one place that sells replacement Chippewa laces, hopefully they're the same as what came with the boot.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is my pair around Thanksgiving immediately after a fresh clean and sno-seal

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

Had them since christmas 09 with pretty frequent wear (especially in fall/winter)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads