• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bloomingdale's WAYWRN for $5,000

Drudged

Reaction score
So Bloomingdale's is hosting an online WAYWRN until the 20th, with the winners of each day grabbing a $5,000 shopping spree and trip to NY. I thought I'd give you guys a heads up and see if we could get some actual male representation in there. I'm guessing they're looking for a slightly more trendy look - so Spoo here's your chance to kick some ass.

Link: http://www.bloomingdales.com/campaig...7&channel_id=1

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can Manton enter and have them go "uhh this isn't stylish"? It would be lulz.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Though it doesn't say so, I think the contest is tilted toward NYC entrants.

I would love to see aportnoy, Manton, EusticeTilly, Concordia and guys like that enter. If out of towners are treated fairly then Vox, Matt, whnay and many others should enter something like this , but I doubt they will. A lot of talent on SF. Foo might take the time to enter, but he was slighted by GQ, IMO and would be swimming upstream.

Good solid entrants might be Spoo, NYRanger, SkinnyGoomba, and GDL and many others.

But I bet the winner of course will be an exemplar of whatever Designer RTW Bloomingdales is featuring this season. That makes it tough on the Bespoke crowd.

Note which maker gets the most space on the websites menswear page! Maybe DocHolliday could put together a great entry video.

Designer Shops

* Burberry
* Hugo Boss
* Polo Ralph Lauren
* RLX Ralph Lauren
* Salvatore Ferragamo
* Theory

are these ( from the webpage ). Anyone strong in these designers would have a leg up I bet.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Though it doesn't say so, I think the contest is tilted toward NYC entrants.

I would love to see aportnoy, Manton, EusticeTilly, Concordia and guys like that enter. If out of towners are treated fairly then Vox, Matt, whnay and many others should enter something like this , but I doubt they will. A lot of talent on SF. Foo might take the time to enter, but he was slighted by GQ, IMO and would be swimming upstream.

Good solid entrants might be Spoo, NYRanger, SkinnyGoomba, and GDL and many others.

But I bet the winner of course will be an exemplar of whatever Designer RTW Bloomingdales is featuring this season. That makes it tough on the Bespoke crowd.

Note which maker gets the most space on the websites menswear page! Maybe DocHolliday could put together a great entry video.

Designer Shops

* Burberry
* Hugo Boss
* Polo Ralph Lauren
* RLX Ralph Lauren
* Salvatore Ferragamo
* Theory

are these ( from the webpage ). Anyone strong in these designers would have a leg up I bet.

I highly doubt that, unlike the GQ contest, Bloomingdale's is looking for people that have perfect fits and bespoke wardrobes. A lot of the aforementioned people are popular on SF for the exact reasons they may not be seen as good contestants for this competition. For example, Manton. He wears perfectly tailored bespoke clothing, but none of it is fashionable by anybody's definition. Still, it would be interesting to see what Bloomingdale's thought of SF's bespoke crowd, even though this contest sounds like it's geared toward those that have extensive RTW items.

Also, for those like me who had no idea what RLX is -- it's a PRL "sporting apparel" line from what Google told me.

Drudged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
I highly doubt that, unlike the GQ contest, Bloomingdale's is looking for people that have perfect fits and bespoke wardrobes. A lot of the aforementioned people are popular on SF for the exact reasons they may not be seen as good contestants for this competition. For example, Manton. He wears perfectly tailored bespoke clothing, but none of it is fashionable by anybody's definition. Still, it would be interesting to see what Bloomingdale's thought of SF's bespoke crowd, even though this contest sounds like it's geared toward those that have extensive RTW items.

Also, for those like me who had no idea what RLX is -- it's a PRL "sporting apparel" line from what Google told me.

RLX is an overpriced take on workout/athletic gear that actually uses some nice fabrics. Interesting, yet a bit over the top in most instances. And it would be amusing to see how the bespoke lineup fairs against the oh-so-stylish hipsterish look.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I'm in (but I didn't mention all of my clothes comes off of Ebay).
HXbWG.jpg

sephlod

Reaction score
I think I see NYR up there already. Is that a vox sighting as well?

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a non US resident I'm barred from entering...shame I'd enter this!?!

-TTO

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sephlod
I think I see NYR up there already.

I actually think he's got a very good chance in a contest like this. Good luck Rob! And to any other SFers entering, of course!
smile.gif

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I actually think he's got a very good chance in a contest like this. Good luck Rob! And to any other SFers entering, of course!
smile.gif

Rob's fit in the contest is terrific. Good luck to all.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would be awesome if the $5000 prize was redeemable only in Hugo Boss merch

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Woe is me, Spoo, niidawg, Phat Guido, and NYR have a shot at winning since they're not trad. Wasn't Woe an Esquire contest finalist?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics