• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad 2.0

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thing rules.

-sent from my iPad 2
inlove.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
was at the mall randomly today and saw a line that must've had 300 people in it, hilarious

Raralith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
was at the mall randomly today and saw a line that must've had 300 people in it, hilarious

The line I was in was well over 300 since it was almost wrong around a square block in the Pasadena Apple Store. People were allowed to buy 3 per person, many of which looked like they did, and they ran out of vouchers to buy an around 6PM. I guess I'll go back tomorrow morning at 8AM and try one last time. Congrats to all of those that got them!
worship.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Went to another mall at 8:45, walked right in, and got a black 16gb wifi as a gift for the person I take care of. The children of the corn informed me that there were 250 waiting when the store opened.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Half tempted. I sold my ipad 1 a few weeks ago to fund my MacBook Air, and got a Dell Streak to replace my Sony Satio (great camera but average phone/ smartphone). The Dell also manages to replace most of the ipad functions too eg ebook reader, pdf reader, web browser, squeezebox remote (and config). Plants vs Zombies isn't quite the same though
smile.gif
Oh, and no Airvideo, which was an excellent streamer.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
This thing rules.

-sent from my iPad 2
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Rambo
Went to another mall at 8:45, walked right in, and got a black 16gb wifi as a gift for the person I take care of. The children of the corn informed me that there were 250 waiting when the store opened.

Congratulations!

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I purchased the iPad 1, there was no line. It was just a reserve thing and I just went in, told them I had one reserved. I think having a line is an advertisement in itself.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Verizon an option on the Ipad 2? If so, I may replace mine. I'm frustrated with At&t.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Is Verizon an option on the Ipad 2? If so, I may replace mine. I'm frustrated with At&t.
Yep. Before I piped up about the wifi only option the child of the corn informed me that all he had left in 3G was Verizon.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Yep. Before I piped up about the wifi only option the child of the corn informed me that all he had left in 3G was Verizon.
This may be a reason for me to upgrade. I need to give this some thought.

ntn1779

Reaction score
wondering if i should get the macbook air or the ipad 2.. or both..

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find one in a B&M store today, Saturday?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ntn1779
wondering if i should get the macbook air or the ipad 2.. or both..

Depends on what you want out of it... my gf got me an ipad, but i've looked into a macbook air too. My thoughts:
Ipad = web-browsing/entertainment mostly, not full functional pc, mostly for basic daily needs.
macbook air = a full functional pc, you can use it for school/work/software engineering. I looked into it and its powerful enough to run anything a software engineer needs (i'm in school for this).

I prefer a macbook pro for my needs and I currently have 2 MacBook Pros (one is from work). If you get the mac air get the most powerful one you can afford so it will be as obsolete proof as possible. pm if you have anymore questions...

PS: i am not a fanboy, i prefer mac but have no problems w/pc...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads