• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just think its annoying to have people buying **** if their whole intention is to resell to lazy people who don't proxy for x2 the price. I mean its smart as hell, and I guess its a good profit, but its a nuisance when I'm trying to bid on ****. I'm just salty I guess

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
**** I got you mixed up with KVC and my whole major life changes joke was ruined!!!!!

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds like you were really dying to use it if you got him mixed up with me

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
**** I got you mixed up with KVC and my whole major life changes joke was ruined!!!!!

lol, i knew this sounded out of place when i read it
laugh.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
My GF is going to NY for break... I get to stay home and do absolutely nothing
frown.gif

None of my friends have jobs or any money saved up either, or I'd do a road trip or something

Edit: Actually, it'll be nice to do nothing for a week

might come thru chi town soon, well relatively soon. gotta meet up with globe for dinner.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
unless he's misrepresenting the items i dont see whats bad about selling something for more than you bought it for? after all, thats how pretty much 100% of retail businesses work.

OK, I think it's pretty ridiculous to compare a retail store buying items at wholesale prices from the manufacturer/designer to a dude who is scalping items and reselling them on a community that probably would've liked to buy them from the original source in the first place. There's nothing illegal about what he's doing, but it definitely falls into shady territory to me. It's not like the dude walked into a Salvation Army and there was a shitload of Julius.

ntn1779

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
OK, I think it's pretty ridiculous to compare a retail store buying items at wholesale prices from the manufacturer/designer to a dude who is scalping items and reselling them on a community that probably would've liked to buy them from the original source in the first place. There's nothing illegal about what he's doing, but it definitely falls into shady territory to me. It's not like the dude walked into a Salvation Army and there was a shitload of Julius.

i don't think reselling is shady but lane sums it up nicely. it's just frustrating getting outbid by a reseller who doesn't give a shite about the item.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
one time i got a ticket from a scalper for free the market corrects itself.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ughh I am debating wether or not to get my trousers tailored. They look great when I am looking at them straight on from the front(due to the pleats most likely) but from the side it looks like my legs are three times the size.(I have chicken legs) I hate being so picky about things.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah but if you decide to stop following an auction to have fun drinking instead then why get upset at the outcome? Reads to me like "Wah wah wah i put in a bid vulnerable to sniping and then didn't cover my bases to prevent sniping. Got outbid by someone who was willing to pay more than me while I doing things I found to be more important. Bastard resellers!"

Profiteers suck, but that Lane didn't win the item is his own fault.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
'hi im robert geller, i ran out of ideas i could lift form plokhov, so im just gonna put random strings on my clothing and charge you $400 for a dip dye sweatshirt that looks like something a 16 year old made'

+1. So disappointing. I always want to like him and then.... I think the man is still a great stylist. I'd love to see him helm a small boutique or something and leave the designing to um err designers.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abraxis
Does yahoo japan have some sort of rule where you are only allowed to win auctions when competing against a guy who can't bid because he's out drinking if you don't resell it for 2x on superfuture/sz?

Should report him.

LOL

He's probably just selling the **** that didn't work out for him and marking up for the inevitable drops. I can't imagine there being a good profit/labor ratio on such activity.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Either way, can't knock the hustle.

NYC people,
1. Good, relatively cheap places to stay in New York? Not looking to spend too much on hotels when I'm there (I obvs. realize that it'll cost way more than most places, either way).

2. What stores are actually worth going to? I don't want to spend all my time wandering around random wasteland boutiques and such, so I only want to go to the ones that are "worth it." Was specifically thinking of going to:
Comme des Garcons
Atelier
Barney's
I* B******* a.k.a. Scott's Secret Squirrel Spot
Costume National

Any of these places suck? Any other places essential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads