• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$800 and up jeans online?

thunderthighs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by igotfatlaces
It is odd, but think about it. Have you ever walked down the street in $1,000 jeans? Imagine what you would feel like knowing that you have that. I think it would feel damn good.
No, but I have walked down the street wearing a $4,000 watch. I have also walked down the street in $$$ jeans that I paid $15 for on clearance. The second feeling is better. It's one thing to find something you really love and just have to have, and finding out it costs $1,000 and saving up for it. But buying something just because it's $1,000 is just marsupialed.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thunderthighs
No, but I have walked down the street wearing a $4,000 watch. I have also walked down the street in $$$ jeans that I paid $15 for on clearance. The second feeling is better.

It's one thing to find something you really love and just have to have, and finding out it costs $1,000 and saving up for it. But buying something just because it's $1,000 is just marsupialed.

Ouch!

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP is damn near brain dead

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's a lot of stupid reasoning in this thread that is missing the point

but then again, troll thread

so not worth it to really engage

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair for you LOL

Fancy a cheap unworn Evisu? For £85? that will be a spare for you

coco2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
These retailed for about $900

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product...8G27530003.htm

the fuk..?
plain.gif

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thunderthighs
No, but I have walked down the street wearing a $4,000 watch. I have also walked down the street in $$$ jeans that I paid $15 for on clearance. The second feeling is better.

It's one thing to find something you really love and just have to have, and finding out it costs $1,000 and saving up for it. But buying something just because it's $1,000 is just marsupialed.

This.
I'm not commenting on your ability to blow a G on a pair of jeans. But I really think you're going about it the wrong way. Go to a couple of good denim shops (SE, BIG, etc) and try on a few pairs. Then pick the ones you really like, that you feel fit the best and look the best. Then just pay for them. They might be 500, or a G, or 300 but you'll then think that's the best money you've spent. Just my .02.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geez, I rarely post in SW&D anymore but holy **** this is a stupid thread.... OP, here is why you are being ridiculed, especially with that $4,000 bag, $1000 wallet analogy from page 2. It's one thing to want something expensive because of what it is... someone who appreciates fine leather work will drop $3-4k on a MA+ bag, or $2500 on Guidi boots or upwards of $8k on a CCP leather jacket because they appreciate the beauty and quality of the product. They acknowledge and desire the high quality materials and the appreciate the time and energy that goes into the construction. To them, these pieces are just as much works of art work as they are functional clothing/accessories. But in your case it doesn't sound like you really care much about WHAT you are buying. You just care about HOW MUCH you are paying for it. It isn't about what you are wearing or the appreciation of what it took to create it. Instead you just want to wear something expensive regardless of what it is, because it is expensive and THAT is what makes you feel good about yourself. You are asking for your wallet to define your style, rather than your own personality and interests. Really it just makes you sound like a shallow, spoiled douchebag who doesn't appreciate the value of money. I suggest you go to the children's library a pick up a copy of Hans Christian Andersen's The Emperor's New Clothes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads