• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad 2.0

.bishop

Reaction score
if you never had an ipad, and you are buying one, most of you are saying you wouldn't buy the 2?

buying NEW, not used.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didnt buy the 1. But am buying the 2.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by .bishop
if you never had an ipad, and you are buying one, most of you are saying you wouldn't buy the 2?

buying NEW, not used.

Nah. I've got the 1 and feel no need to get the two, but if I didn't have this one I'd get the two instead of trying to save a few bucks buying the old one.The cameras don't mean jack to me, nor does the new cover type, but I'd want the extra RAM and processing power.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a iPad 1 but I prefer to think of it as an iPad 2 roll 1

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I have a iPad 1 but I prefer to think of it as an iPad 2 roll 1

So judicious use of an iron will make it into an iPad 2?

--Andre

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I bought the iPad last spring upon release to use at a trade show to show art and design work. She had previously used notebooks and portfolios. We are buying an iPad 2.0 so that we will each have our own to use at a show next month. No longer will we ship, carry or pitch from notebooks or portfolios. Hallelujah! Thank you Mr Jobs.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran into a guy who is making these very cool machined aluminum iPhone cases for maximum protection. He is an engineer and the quality and finish is excellent. I was thinking about asking him to make something similar for the iPad. So far, I have been lucky and haven't dropped mine but could be living on borrowed time.

Has anyone here dropped theirs? Did it break or chip?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Yes, the floor was both broken and chipped.

Impressive! But what about others? Anyone drop theirs on a cement floor? I'm concerned it will dent a corner or crack the screen.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Had to run into one of the local malls to grab something and I peeked at the line. Over 100 deep and they had blackout curtains and armed security in front of the door.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course you will be able to walk into an Apple store on Tuesday and pick one up without a line. But, Apple has made the first day wait a cool experience for a lot of people. Amazing!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walked into a Target across the street from work. There's a line 13 deep. I promised myself I wouldn't wait in line for another iproduct, but here I am.
ffffuuuu.gif

Less than an hour, not bad.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I waited about an hour at BestBuy and got one. It's a nice upgrade from the 1st gen.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the 1.0 on Saturday to check out during the 14 day return window. The 2.0 comes out on the 25th in Canada (live two minutes from the border so I might just hop across). Waiting to see if it's worth the $160 upgrade.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't grab one got out of work late. I think I'll wait until Tuesday before trying to get one.

There's no point anyway without a case (case is mandatory... I'm clumsy)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics