• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
Might I ask what separates a blazersuit from a normal navy suit? What is the point of distinction?

Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric
The jacket is styled in such a way that it can be worn independent of the pants without looking like an orphan. Patch pockets, dark brown buttons, etc. are often used.

It's also made in a material that allows it to be used as a sport coat and not look like a suit jacket.

Past examples include fresco, flannel and linen.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a somewhat related note, how often do you gents get an extra pair of pants with your suits?

I assume that one would do so if you're getting a lighter material that's more prone to wear and tear.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
On a somewhat related note, how often do you gents get an extra pair of pants with your suits?

I assume that one would do so if you're getting a lighter material that's more prone to wear and tear.

I just get them fully-lined, and no longer get the extra pair. Works ok even with the lighter stuff like Rangoon or Super Tropical (~8.0-8.5oz.)

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
I just get them fully-lined, and no longer get the extra pair. Works ok even with the lighter stuff like Rangoon or Super Tropical (~8.0-8.5oz.)

My problem has traditionally been the rubbing on the outside of the material rather than the inside so I'm not sure if lining or saddles will alleviate the issue.

jamaican

Reaction score

Always.... now ordering two exrtra pairs. I have cyclists legs (mainly because I cycle to and from work) so the trousers always wear. J

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's also made in a material that allows it to be used as a sport coat and not look like a suit jacket.

Past examples include fresco, flannel and linen.

And cotton...

rrosals

Reaction score
My problem has traditionally been the rubbing on the outside of the material rather than the inside so I'm not sure if lining or saddles will alleviate the issue.

I have the same issue and now have the full seat lined. I also order a 2nd pair or make sure to keep enough fabric in case I need them made in the future.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cantabrigian may have just thrown a spanner into the works with his offering of the LLBR06 LL Brisa fabric.
brisablue3mqq0.jpg

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the Brisa? I have a length of this season's PoW check on order, that I'm awaiting anxiously.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RogerC
What do you think of the Brisa? I have a length of this season's PoW check on order, that I'm awaiting anxiously.

I have no experience with it whatsoever...hopefully others can chime in?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdice
Zbromer,

Just saw the pic of your blazer suit - amazing! That's exactly what I was going for, although I am still wondering if I should go with 3 patch pockets...

Thanks. It was the first coat from the tailor I now use, so I notice a few things that are a little off. I'm really pleased with the fabric, though. As for the 3 patch, it's, obviously, a personal preference. However, I like the chest welt pocket for the blazersuit. It doesn't really take away from the informality when you want to wear it as a blazer, but I think it does help it look a bit more formal when you wear it as a suit. I also may just be a ***** and don't have the balls to do a 3 patch suit.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How often do you wear suits? I don't really that often, so I don't get an extra pair.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
How often do you wear suits? I don't really that often, so I don't get an extra pair.

Given the wardrobe revamp, I'm going to be wearing them more often.

Each suit will get worn say once a week? Some, twice.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
How often will you clean them?

Umm..good question.

blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads