• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I just lost a fight.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Me being the proverbial me, I never found puking-drunk women in the least bit sexually appealing, even if they were clad in nothing but skimpy lingerie. Not iGent-fastidious in my choice of women, but I did have some standards!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ Jan, I've always assumed your lowest, living-under-a-rock, beer goggle standards are still high compared to most guys.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
im with you man. i hope you werent wearing the paisley tie i sold you.

Man, it's so thick, I hardly wear it anymore. I'm a fan of unlined these days and multifolds are over rated.

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
Yeah. That's right. I've been on perhaps the losing end of a physical brawl. Anyone who's ever been involved in one of these knows that without film or bystander input, it's impossible to know what happened. But I think I lost. But 'losing' is hard to define in this situation. Physically losing the fight, possibly. But simply starting the fight in this situation may have been a victory. Allow me to explain. I drove an extremely, extremely drunk 21 year old girl home from a party. On the way, between moans of pain and vomiting out of my window, she told me that a guy at the party had touched her while she was drunkenly passed out in the bathroom. And I don't mean he massaged her shoulders or held her hair back, either. She was crying. Wouldn't give details. I went back to the party after dropping her off with good friends, and the fight ensued. I made sure everyone knew what the impetus for the physical altercation was, but I think that I lost. I might have landed one solid left. I'm a southpaw, so that counts. I threw maybe 5, 6 punches. Found myself on the ground quickly, tried to hit the guy in the balls. People were holding me down. I got free, up, and threw a mostly full beer at the retreating sex offender, who continued insisting that he 'didn't want to hurt me', and backing up. I think he was sober. He got out of the way and some randoms got me out of the door. Party over, everyone leaves, and everyone hears my outrageously loud verbal accusations about this guy being an effing sex offender. Nobody hit me. At the very least he felt awkward in the aftermath. I lost my keys in the action and had to call a friend to drive me home. So, did I lose?
boxing[1].gif

facepalm.gif

Unregistered

Reaction score
I'm really surprised and appalled that no one has picked up that he drove her home drunk. Unless he drove her home. Drove back to the party. Got wasted. Then acted like an idiot.
plain.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I'm really surprised and appalled that no one has picked up that he drove her home drunk. Unless he drove her home. Drove back to the party. Got wasted. Then acted like an idiot.
plain.gif

Are you sure it was nobody who picked up on it? Are you sure it wasn't everybody?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
plain.gif

step 1. read. step 2. post. when you get those two mixed up, you kind of look stupid. HTH.

CrackBaby

Reaction score
Driving drunk is worse than copping a bit of a feel bro.

Also white knights are on proper phaggytime

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
^ Jan, I've always assumed your lowest, living-under-a-rock, beer goggle standards are still high compared to most guys.

You are probably being too complimentary. Always remember the old adage, "Beauty is only a light-switch away!" In any event, I am pretty much a spent force in that department these days.
frown.gif

CrackBaby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
You are probably being too complimentary. Always remember the old adage, "Beauty is only a light-switch away!" In any event, I am pretty much a spent force in that department these days.
frown.gif

post most recent ex?

mehhhh

Reaction score
Regardless of how stupid/not stupid my actions were, some people on here need to understand that their views of what constitutes sexual assault are wrong. If you do something sexually to a girl that later makes her cry, you deserve whatever punishment you get. If you think it's okay to finger a girl who you don't know while she's semi-passed out and completely defenseless on a bathroom floor on top of a half empty tube of Ritz crackers at 5:30 AM on her 21st birthday, you should probably be in jail for something you've done in the past. I know how it was 'back in the day'- it wasn't different, it was just wrong. Absolutely wrong. Sexual assault is not okay. If you think that the girl being attractive and wearing basically nothing changes the game, congratulations, you're blaming the victim. If you think that women often lie about sexual assault to get attention, you're probably defending yourself.

I chose to drive 10 blocks while somewhat intoxicated to get a girl out of a bad situation and I won't apologize for it. I chose to hit a guy who touched her, a guy I knew wouldn't face any other consequences, and I won't apologize for that, either.

Recently I've been talking to people and trying to piece together what happened. People have been very surprised when I tell that that I think I lost. I hit the guy hard once, with a left hook, in the jaw/ear area, one of his friends pulled me down from behind, I got up and threw a beer, and that was it. I threw 3 or 4 punches and he threw none. The only reason I thought I'd lost was because I wound up on the ground and he didn't, but as it turns out he wasn't even responsible for me being on the ground, so that's moot.

mehhhh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE
So what if she was lying...Or what if you crashed(because you were drunk driving) and she became paralyzed. Don't you think she would feel a little worse...?

But she wasn't lying, and we didn't crash.

Also, what does she gain from lying? People usually have a motivation to make something up.

You're all overestimating how drunk I was. Adrenaline and blind rage are the reasons that I have little recollection of the actual incident, not alcohol.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
Regardless of how stupid/not stupid my actions were, some people on here need to understand that their views of what constitutes sexual assault are wrong. If you do something sexually to a girl that later makes her cry, you deserve whatever punishment you get. If you think it's okay to finger a girl who you don't know while she's semi-passed out and completely defenseless on a bathroom floor on top of a half empty tube of Ritz crackers at 5:30 AM on her 21st birthday, you should probably be in jail for something you've done in the past. I know how it was 'back in the day'- it wasn't different, it was just wrong. Absolutely wrong. Sexual assault is not okay. If you think that the girl being attractive and wearing basically nothing changes the game, congratulations, you're blaming the victim. If you think that women often lie about sexual assault to get attention, you're probably defending yourself.

I chose to drive 10 blocks while somewhat intoxicated to get a girl out of a bad situation and I won't apologize for it. I chose to hit a guy who touched her, a guy I knew wouldn't face any other consequences, and I won't apologize for that, either.

Recently I've been talking to people and trying to piece together what happened. People have been very surprised when I tell that that I think I lost. I hit the guy hard once, with a left hook, in the jaw/ear area, one of his friends pulled me down from behind, I got up and threw a beer, and that was it. I threw 3 or 4 punches and he threw none. The only reason I thought I'd lost was because I wound up on the ground and he didn't, but as it turns out he wasn't even responsible for me being on the ground, so that's moot.

If a woman freely engages in behavior that verges on orgiastic, gets blotto and then suffers sexual indignities, she has only herself to blame, in my book anyway. Yeah, the guy was wrong to have copped a feel, but the girl is lucky nothing worse happened to her.

I am glad to hear you now feel you were not humiliated in the physical encounter. I'm sure it will do much for your self-esteem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads