• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know these Ferragamo Wingtips?

Roger Everett

Reaction score
I can't give any info you are loking for, but I did hit the link, and if they fit good, you got a rightous deal.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They seem to be "studio" shoes which are normally said to be crap on this forum. Apparently studio is far below Tramezza. While Tramezzas cost about EUR 700, studios go for about half that price, on retail. Nowadays. But yes, these may be shoes from some years ago.
(I have had a couple of pairs of studios and was happy with them, but I do not know a lot about constructions. But the leather was nice.)

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Horenste
I just recently purchased these on Ebay and I was wondering if anyone knew the style name? or price? or relevant info? I believe they are an older style but i havent found much info on them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TQ%3AUS%3A1123

You, my friend, have paid far too much. Studio is the lowest line of Ferragamo in material and construction. Market value is very low.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Studio line is, indeed, the lowest rated line by Ferragamo, trailing the Tramezza and Lavorazione by a long margin. It was created to appeal to the younger, hipper crowd at a lower retail price. As stated, the quality of leather and styling is not on par with mainline Ferragamo shoes, but that's not to say that it is complete garbage. The shoes in question are not unattractive but look to be made of very thin (hopefully not corrected-grain) leather. For $159, it is not a terrible deal, especially if they fit you well.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
You, my friend, have paid far too much. Studio is the lowest line of Ferragamo in material and construction. Market value is very low.

Disagree.

No, they're not handcrafted northamptoners, but if you like them and they fit, $150 is a small price to pay for new shoes. Wear the **** out of them and when you get bored, do some SF research on a nicer pair in the future.

Nothing wrong with them as a starter shoe.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
Disagree.

No, they're not handcrafted northamptoners, but if you like them and they fit, $150 is a small price to pay for new shoes. Wear the **** out of them and when you get bored, do some SF research on a nicer pair in the future.

Nothing wrong with them as a starter shoe.

For $50 more he can get a pair of BB Peal & Co on sale.
eh.gif

Horenste

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
They seem to be "studio" shoes which are normally said to be crap on this forum. Apparently studio is far below Tramezza. While Tramezzas cost about EUR 700, studios go for about half that price, on retail. Nowadays. But yes, these may be shoes from some years ago.
(I have had a couple of pairs of studios and was happy with them, but I do not know a lot about constructions. But the leather was nice.)

Thanks for the replies! Yea it does look like they are studio shoes, but for 150 i can wear the hell out of em. Doesn't sound like they will hold up to my AE's but at half the price I am willing to give them a shot.

If anybody else recognizes them or has any other info let me know!

Horenste

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhva3
Model name: Shine
Price: $400

Awesome! Thank you very much. Yea i feel like i did ok. Same shoe is selling for 280 from other sellers on Ebay.

jhva3

Reaction score
You got a pretty good price. People on here hate the studios, but I have a few and don't mind buying them if they look good and are more than 50% off. I'd never pay retail for them though.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you paid a fair price. We may be lost in the land of $500 Vash being cheap, but a Ferragamo sells $400 Studio line shoes all day by the thousand. They are better than at least 50% of the shoes of the working professional today, I can pretty much say that for a fact.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads