• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clark kent
still awkward, but hopefully not as bad.

28vg19y.jpg

i like this.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
synthese looks awesome; I like everything in that fit
Originally Posted by Cheese1
Clothes aren't supposed to make you think of the other person naked. If that was the point, why would people wear clothes to begin with?

dunno man I see plenty of clothes that seem like they were meant for just that reason

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually really like the button-up in Synth's fit. With it on, the top's got a slight biz-cash feel, but then you look at the whole thing and it turns into slight biz-cash-gonna-****-yr-girl-in-the-office vibe.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The button-down and Cloak blazer are too fitting/structured compared to the free-flowing tee. I think the Cloak piece would complement the tee well, but the inclusion of the button-down in between those layers is creating this jarring wedge effect.

Woodyear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
You posted a few days ago that "anyone who thinks that dudes posting on a forum about fashion and style is girly or gay is an immature redneck." Yet you later vocalize your pity for Uncontrol, who "so obviously wants to be female." This assertion, by the way, is based on nothing other than his personal style. Unless you're an "immature redneck," your posts are non-cohesive contradictions...brotha.

So let me get this straight, you think that my view that being interested in how you look doesnt necessarily make you effeminate is contradictory to feeling pity for cross dressers/ transexuals? Not only does your conclusion (that i am somehow a hypocrate for holding these two completely seperate and unrelated beliefs) not follow from your flawed arguments, your conclusion doesnt even make sense. You know what seperates man from animals is our ability to reason, you should try it sometime....BROTHA.

Woodyear

Reaction score
From the parts you highlighted im also gathering you misread that quote (lack of reading comprehension again). I was not saying that people who read this forum are girly or gay, i was stating that precisely anyone who holds such an opinion (that style forumers are girly or gay soley by virtue of being members of style forum) is in fact an immature redneck. I never claimed uncontrol is effeminate by virtue of caring about how he looks and or being a member of styleforum. Uncontrol is effeminate according to the very definition of effeminate: looking and presumably acting feminine insofar as his actions include carying a purse, wearing tons of jewelry and wearing skin tight clothing. The picture that lane posted was of a man obviously dressed as a female, if you want to argue that dressing as a female doesnt make one effeminate but is rather merely a consequence of being on a forum about style and or caring about ones looks and dress, then you are obviously an idiot.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tl;dr

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Woodyear
From the parts you highlighted im also gathering you misread that quote (lack of reading comprehension again). I was not saying that people who read this forum are girly or gay, i was stating that precisely anyone who holds such an opinion (that style forumers are girly or gay soley by virtue of being members of style forum) is in fact an immature redneck. I never claimed uncontrol is effeminate by virtue of caring about how he looks and or being a member of styleforum. Uncontrol is effeminate according to the very definition of effeminate: looking and presumably acting feminine insofar as his actions include carying a purse, wearing tons of jewelry and wearing skin tight clothing. The picture that lane posted was of a man obviously dressed as a female, if you want to argue that dressing as a female doesnt make one effeminate but is rather merely a consequence of being on a forum about style and or caring about ones looks and dress, then you are obviously an idiot.

Its my way of showing whats on the inside. Its like any other style here where people aspire to something. I'm communicating my inner me through this style, and I really could care less about how its perceived as "effemminate" to you. Lots of people dress in certain ways on here where they try to capture their personality because its simply to evoke something to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads