• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Operation Paprika

MarcellHUN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Archivist
My sincere condolences on the passing of your friend.

The Japanese have a concept, the cultural treasure. Individuals who are craftsmen of an accomplishment such that they are honored for their skills, and the contribution to the civilization these skills contribute. From all I have read, this man was one of these rare, and increasingly rarer, individuals. We should all mourn his passing, and celebrate his craft.

Requiescat in pace

I can tell you - as a craftsman, moreover a shoemaker from the same country, where Mr. Kiss lived - how they treat us.... but this is not the right place for it. It is a loss for the family, a loss for the craft. A little less knowledge left, a little more responsibility to preserve our heritage.

R.I.P.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarcellHUN
I can tell you - as a craftsman, moreover a shoemaker from the same country, where Mr. Kiss lived - how they treat us.... but this is not the right place for it. It is a loss for the family, a loss for the craft. A little less knowledge left, a little more responsibility to preserve our heritage.

R.I.P.

tell us hun

ajv

Reaction score
Sorry to read that Fritzl, it's a sad news.

Just happen to wear my Paprikas today to get my latest pair from a friend of mine.

Give my sincere condolences to his family.

Adrian

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am saddened to hear about the death of this shoemaker.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Sorry to read that Fritzl, it's a sad news.

Just happen to wear my Paprikas today to get my latest pair from a friend of mine.

wear them in good health.

Originally Posted by ajv
Give my sincere condolences to his family.

Adrian

i did...

kissbacsifarewell.jpg

kissbacsifarewell1.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must have been a hard day, fritzl. Sterkte, as we say in Dutch.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Must have been a hard day, fritzl. Sterkte, as we say in Dutch.

i'm glad, i had the chance to give my very personal farewell...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
frown.gif

I. the shoe you favored didn't show up, not even in any size. i wouldn't have done it long distance...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
handmacherprototype-1.jpg

Gerd,

I'll try to get better pictures (see below) next time ... they are a bit blurred.

BTW ... the color of these shoes is so very rich! I love it. And the soles are so beautiful, I almost didn't want to walk on them. And the creasing is now less obvious than it was at first.

Do you recommend a particular polish. I have both Lincoln (stain wax) and Meltonian cream polish. I think my biggest fear is staining the light colored edge (which I like aesthetically).

RSS

PS Yesterday I wore my shoes by Kiss.

MarcellHUN

Reaction score
I had a chance to talk with Kálmán Berta, the lastmaker a few days ago about Mr. Kiss. It is amazing, that in the craft - which was amazingly huge a few decades ago - now everybody nows everybody... And we soon realize, that every members mean bigger and bigger lost, beside the personal one.

Fritzl: Meltonian is the last thing what you want to put on your shoes.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a chance to talk with Kálmán Berta, the lastmaker a few days ago about Mr. Kiss. It is amazing, that in the craft - which was amazingly huge a few decades ago - now everybody knows everybody... And we soon realize, that every members mean bigger and bigger lost, beside the personal one.

totally agreed. we should finally set up a meet-up this year.

i'm glad that Master Kiss' heritage - his shoes - are travelling the globe. he will be never forgotten.

Fritzl: Meltonian is the last thing what you want to put on your shoes.

i'll tell RSS. i'm a kiwi man by heart.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
i'm glad, i had the chance to give my very personal farewell...

All my thoughts to his family and the people like you who believed in him...

Rest in peace...

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A way I can appreciate his work is to see if there is anything left in my size? Euro 45.5D or 46D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics