• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went to brooks brothers and compared my indochino suits.

brooks brothers is above and beyond higher quality.
about $700-800 for a 2 piece ($100 for a vest) and free tailoring for life.

indochino is a good intro, but after your initial couple pieces- consider other suiting options for just a few hundred bucks more and much higher quality and reliability!

GloStiX

Reaction score
I got my re-make yesterday. No pics yet but here is what I think:

A few small details were off:
-Weird "ripple/pucker" at right armpit/chest area.
-I reduced shoulder by 0.5", increased each sleeve 0.5". On the re-make, sleeves still too short.
-Pocket-flap lining wasn't the same color as jacket lining on the re-make. On my original, pocket-flap lining was the same color as the jacket lining.
-Pants came a little shorter than I specified, rise a little too longer than I specified.
-Garments came sprayed with cologne this time, my GF liked it.
-Name embroidery is fuzzy.

Quality is still mediocre, maybe ~Zara/H&M. Puffs of lining fabric peek out from the corners of the coattails, inexplicably. Under-lapel felt is loosely attached and I can see the thread going between the separable felt and jacket layer.

Fabric is different than the first one. IC doesn't seem to be very consistent with their fabric sources (probably whichever is cheapest the time they order), but to be fair you have to have a sharp eye to tell.

Overall fit was improved from the original, though I will be getting a second re-make. I just hope Indochino is consistent in their measurement/sizing.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GloStiX
I got my re-make yesterday. No pics yet but here is what I think:

A few small details were off:
-Weird "ripple/pucker" at right armpit/chest area.
-I reduced shoulder by 0.5", increased each sleeve 0.5". On the re-make, sleeves still too short.
-Pocket-flap lining wasn't the same color as jacket lining on the re-make. On my original, pocket-flap lining was the same color as the jacket lining.
-Pants came a little shorter than I specified, rise a little too longer than I specified.
-Garments came sprayed with cologne this time, my GF liked it.
-Name embroidery is fuzzy.

Quality is still mediocre, maybe ~Zara/H&M. Puffs of lining fabric peek out from the corners of the coattails, inexplicably. Under-lapel felt is loosely attached and I can see the thread going between the separable felt and jacket layer.

Fabric is different than the first one. IC doesn't seem to be very consistent with their fabric sources (probably whichever is cheapest the time they order), but to be fair you have to have a sharp eye to tell.

Overall fit was improved from the original, though I will be getting a second re-make. I just hope Indochino is consistent in their measurement/sizing.

Were those measurement adjustments you mentioned to set them where they should be, or just to hope that IC interpreted them better?

You should mention some of the QC items to them via email. The more we do that, the better the product hopefully becomes.

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
You should mention some of the QC items to them via email. The more we do that, the better the product hopefully becomes.

thumbs-up.gif
Yeah, wouldn't that be nice...

svicideking

Reaction score
First post guys, I ordered the Decision Maker suit last night and it was sent to the tailors today. I just found out that there used to be a measurement tip guide on madetomeasureny that recommended shaving several inches off a few places to ensure a trim fit. The page is gone now, does anyone remember those tips? Do they apply to the new IC fit, considering the guide was a year or two old?

Also, as for them randomly changing the measurements we put in, when does that happen? Mine look like they're locked in. Thanks.

LorenzL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by svicideking
First post guys, I ordered the Decision Maker suit last night and it was sent to the tailors today. I just found out that there used to be a measurement tip guide on madetomeasureny that recommended shaving several inches off a few places to ensure a trim fit. The page is gone now, does anyone remember those tips? Do they apply to the new IC fit, considering the guide was a year or two old?

Also, as for them randomly changing the measurements we put in, when does that happen? Mine look like they're locked in. Thanks.

I wouldn't rely on that - every body is different, so 2 inches less cannot be really used for anyone (you would have to use percentages to be correct). However, I believe the best results are still achieved if you stick to their videos and measure as suggested! They do 2 interpretations - they have a database from all customers, so they kind of know what measurements a guy your weight and height should have. Depending on what you put in they might correct it, if they think you were off.

On the other hand, they told me my vest should be 28" long - I think it should be 22" and I'm pretty sure 28" if far too long.... so it's always a bit of a gamble!

GloStiX

Reaction score
For those who have applied for remakes, how long does it take to get an e-mail confirmation?

I applied for a re-make the day I received it, and I have not received a confirmation 2 days later.
I e-mailed Angie about it as well, with an explanation of why I needed a re-make and the issues I was having with the suit. No response for 2 days either. Their site says they respond to customers within 24 hours.

I have read in this thread where they tried to play games with someone else by not responding until it was too late for him to request remake/alteration credit. They better not be trying to pull a fast one...

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by svicideking

If I remember the chronology of this thread and the madetomeasure reviews, his measurement guide and suggestions were made when IC was still younger and working out kinks. Newer suggestions would say to go strictly by the IC's pictures and videos, which is what I did (and fit was good).

GloStiX

Reaction score
frown.gif
So I have learned the dark side of Indochino: if you are not happy with your remake, they will give up on you as a profitable customer. My remake came with many issues, from manufacturing defects to fit issues and incorrectly-tailored specifications. After the arrival of my remake, and many attempts to communicate with IC "Concierge" (customer service, I believe it's only Angie), they completely ignored me and ignored my re-make request. I used to get e-mail responses from them within 12 hours, easily. I have no doubt this is intentional to DELAY you past their __ day limit on returns/remakes/alterations. I read about another SF member in this thread (raphael_n?) who had this happen to him. That is just SLEAZY. Would not recommend.

LorenzL

Reaction score
frown.gif
So I have learned the dark side of Indochino: if you are not happy with your remake, they will give up on you as a profitable customer. My remake came with many issues, from manufacturing defects to fit issues and incorrectly-tailored specifications.

After the arrival of my remake, and many attempts to communicate with IC "Concierge" (customer service, I believe it's only Angie), they completely ignored me and ignored my re-make request. I used to get e-mail responses from them within 12 hours, easily.

I have no doubt this is intentional to DELAY you past their __ day limit on returns/remakes/alterations. I read about another SF member in this thread (raphael_n?) who had this happen to him.

That is just SLEAZY. Would not recommend.

This is weird for Indochino. Not the manufacturing mistakes, but the fact that they don't reply and that they don't seem to care. I wouldn't give up on that yet. Post on their facebook page, post on twitter - I will retweet it. I can also host an article about your problem on my blog if nothing else helps!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
frown.gif
So I have learned the dark side of Indochino: if you are not happy with your remake, they will give up on you as a profitable customer. My remake came with many issues, from manufacturing defects to fit issues and incorrectly-tailored specifications.

After the arrival of my remake, and many attempts to communicate with IC "Concierge" (customer service, I believe it's only Angie), they completely ignored me and ignored my re-make request. I used to get e-mail responses from them within 12 hours, easily.

I have no doubt this is intentional to DELAY you past their __ day limit on returns/remakes/alterations. I read about another SF member in this thread (raphael_n?) who had this happen to him.

Can't wait to get my suit!
sarcasm.gif
Mine's been sitting with the tailor since Feb 22nd, so hopefully it will be shipping out soon. Sorry to hear about your experience, I'm hoping I have some better luck.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
frown.gif

That stinks dude, sorry to hear.

angieindochino

Reaction score
frown.gif

Can you please email us again to [email protected].

I have looked through our recent emails and cannot find your email.

I am very sorry for this.

Thanks,
Angie

GloStiX

Reaction score
Originally Posted by angieindochino
Can you please email us again to [email protected]. I have looked through our recent emails and cannot find your email. I am very sorry for this. Thanks, Angie
Angie, I have e-mailed it to you again, from a different e-mail address this time, with photo attachments of the suit. Subject line is "Order #48194".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads