• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
30t19bt.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn
Inaugural WAYWRN post! My first bespoke suit, second wearing.

49477766.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us/IMG]

Nice DB! The next step is to find a great pocket square. The bow tie adds a dapper touch.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaBatMan
Nice PA… WTH, was it pink & gray day and nobody sent me a memo? Very nicely done.
Cheers B-52 Man...I was thinking the same thing when I saw Urban's fit...glad I finally got a memo
laugh.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
After two days of relative simplicity, I am back to my more normal mode of attire.

Good fit today, Crusty... though I will admit, I like the Van Dyke better.
peepwall[1].gif

Originally Posted by Sotiris
First outdoor shot - still a little dark ... overcast today.

Agreed with the others re: scale of shirt/suit, but at least we can see it now! Great improvement in the pics.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Pretty dull choice today - navy blazer, grey pants, brown shoes...

Those shoes send a shiver through my wallet each time I see them. And MoK - you have lost SERIOUS weight. Looking great my man. Hope you stick around through the summer to show the new guys how you rock a pink jacket and white pants
fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by enzoangelo

That overcoat is incredible.

Thanks man.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Probably the best fit you've ever posted. Seriously.

Whoa, thank you.

Originally Posted by in stitches
That overcoat is incredible.

yes ive noticed it before. spoo, maker please?[/quote]

The coat is an Oxxford 100% cashmere chesterfield. It was ridiculously blobby and big when I got it, so I had the whole damn thing recut modeled after a Tom Ford overcoat.

Dude, this is WIN. You look great (nothing like I pictured though - in a good way!) and the quality of the pic is wonderful too. Get that photographer in there more often!

Originally Posted by sugarbutch

Spoo as master of the universe. BOOM

More like Castle Greyskull.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition

Very conservative from you Spoo. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Great pattern mixing, too
fistbump.gif

Yeah, I had some important **** to do today. Thanks though!

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Dreary day in the A ... why not add some color?​

I love everything about this, except the PS - I like the idea very much of green and orange together, but I think (maybe its just the pic) the PS is too bright in this case.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Feeling nostalgic today....so I took some crappy iPhone pics for kicks.
smile.gif

You can never go back to your glory days, Mike.
laugh.gif

However there is little yellow tie love here on SF, but I like the way this works all the way.

Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
My first post on this thread even though I have been observing for a while. I have been inspired by many of you and your great style and attention to detail. You all have made me look closer at the fit of my dress clothes, but I have a dilemma as we lack quality tailors here in New Mexico (USA). I am traveling to NY soon and plan to take a few items to get professional advice and alteration.

Welcome to the thread! Better pics would help, but from what I can see, I would recommend trying not to be so matchy matchy with the square and tie. Post more!

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Day:

Holy pants Rob!!

Originally Posted by spoozy
Today´s stuff...

Spoozy - For the very first time ever I can tell you there is nothing I want to change! I love it!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TTO
Planning my revenge.

Uhhhhh against whooooooooo?

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo

Nice casual fit Moo - jacket looks just a bit tight at the gut line. Whens that baby due? I gained like 15lbs leading up to the kid, and lost it all in less than 2 months after she was born.​

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Dude, this is WIN. You look great (nothing like I pictured though - in a good way!) and the quality of the pic is wonderful too. Get that photographer in there more often!

Thanks for the kind words Spoo!

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

49477766.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us/IMG]

Beautifully tailored and a wonderful first WAYWRN entry. Congratulations J. Cogburn and may you wear it in good health.

Navi

Reaction score
J. Cogburn, sweet db mate!!! Looks lovely, congrats! Hope I did a bit better on this fit! I'm trying to improve.
biggrin.gif
Picked up the slacks at the thrift store earlier today for $6. Well worth it!
1000537x.jpg
1000550.jpg
1000548p.jpg
1000560m.jpg
1000564v.jpg
Neverminding the fact this blazer has no button on the front, which I am in the middle of fixing, what do you guys think of this fit? I quite like it meself. Any feedback is VERY welcome, really ANYTHING.. Cheerio!

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
J. Cogburn, sweet db mate!!! Looks lovely, congrats!

Hope I did a bit better on this fit! I'm trying to improve.
biggrin.gif

Picked up the slacks at the thrift store earlier today for $6. Well worth it!

1000537x.jpg
1000550.jpg

1000548p.jpg
1000560m.jpg

1000564v.jpg

Neverminding the fact this blazer has no button on the front, which I am in the middle of fixing, what do you guys think of this fit? I quite like it meself. Any feedback is VERY welcome, really ANYTHING.. Cheerio!

Looks sharp. Much less boring than the by-the-SF-manual look coulda turned out. All the pieces are there though.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
IMG_2243.jpg

Like me, I think you'd benefit tremendously from a taller collar.

Originally Posted by Navi
1000560m.jpg

This looks like a sharp, simple, classy fit to me. The PS might not be the best choice, but I'm having trouble making out the color even in the closeup.

Navi

Reaction score
StanleyVanBuren,
That suit looks nice, but the pinstripes are making you look taller than you really are, it seems. I would wear a higher and longer collar, as Threadbearer said. The jacket seems short too, at least to my eyes.... Anyone else see that? It looks like a blazer
blush.gif

Originally Posted by pvrhye

Looks sharp. Much less boring than the by-the-SF-manual look coulda turned out. All the pieces are there though.

Cheers! Thanks, I wish I had a better camera... I love the plaid pattern on my slacks, but you can't really tell in the pictures. In person it looks great, much better than on camera.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
This looks like a sharp, simple, classy fit to me. The PS might not be the best choice, but I'm having trouble making out the color even in the closeup.

Thanks mate! The PS is a light blue with white polka dots, and brown edges. It was either that or a light lilac one with flower designs in white on it. Probably shoulda went with that one, ah well. Always a next time.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
Nice socks!

And I'm so happy you don't wheel or backpack your hockey equipment.

LOL, only the kids and the goalies use that. Funny story, I show up to a roller game the other night, and one of the nets was stolen! I couldn't ******* believe it. Only in Brooklyn. We played with a proper goal in one end, and a backyard goal in the other. The league had to spend about $1k to order new nets, expecting them this week. I love the crispness of new nets, nice white netting and bright red posts....yummm.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Holy pants Rob!!

Robin, is that you?! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads