• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't hate me guys, but check the signature. I have some immaculate xx-005s tagged 33 for sale.

OUT

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I was going to echo the good fit comments, but if they were really that difficult to button up.. maybe the picture is a bit misleading. I think it's good to have 'girdle-like' waist area (top 5 inches say) with new jeans, so if the thigh isn't too tight (can you pinch out at least 1" of spare denim?) you should be okay. The waist will give, but it won't come easily as with APCs.

I'm sorry, could you clarify as to what you mean by the girdle-like waist area? My APCs stretched a lot to the point where I could have gotten away with one size lower, but whatever. I have no idea as to how much these jeans will stretch.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
by girdle-like I meant tight fitting to the point of pressuring/squeezing you. Personally, I like my new raws to fit like this in the top block, but only as long as I still have some excess denim in the thigh. Your jeans look like they fit exactly this way, but those aren't the best photos to judge from..

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
by girdle-like I meant: tight fitting to the point of pressuring/squeezing you. Personally, I like my new raws to fit like this in the top block, but only as long as I still have some excess denim in the thigh.
yeah, that's how i'd describe my fit. though it's probably slightly more tight than girdle-like in the top block. i only tried them on for a few minutes today before class and took them off, so i dont remember how much room i had left in the thigh, but it was pretty slim/skinny. but as you can see, im a fairly skinny dude so i don't really mind it. i used to wear dior 19cms so the concept of skinny jeans isnt too foreign to me haha. thanks for your input

StevenisWhere

Reaction score
I can't answer your question, but I am in the exact same situation as you, so thought I'd put in my two cents. I also bought 29s after I thought the 30s were too loose (well they were still tight... but not raw-denim tight). In the beginning it was really difficult to button up the top button, and the thighs also felt very snug, but after a month of every-other-day wear, they have loosened up a bit. I will note that they seem to be loosening slower than the other two brands of raw denim I've worn (Nudies and KMW).

But hang in there, your balls will be freed soon enough.
lol8[1].gif

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StevenisWhere
I can't answer your question, but I am in the exact same situation as you, so thought I'd put in my two cents. I also bought 29s after I thought the 30s were too loose (well they were still tight... but not raw-denim tight). In the beginning it was really difficult to button up the top button, and the thighs also felt very snug, but after a month of every-other-day wear, they have loosened up a bit. I will note that they seem to be loosening slower than the other two brands of raw denim I've worn (Nudies and KMW). But hang in there, your balls will be freed soon enough.
lol8[1].gif

how are the front pockets? can you easily put things in and take them out? I remember with my dior 19 cms, it was pretty tough to put my entire hand in my pockets. so when id want to take out my phone, id slip in my thumb and index finger to pinch it for grip and pull it out. also, do you get a lot of knee bulge? im afraid i will with the pbjs because the knee area is fairly tight. and how do you like the low rise? im still not used to low rise jeans, so the fact that these are already low, compounded with the need to sag them to give my balls some breathing room, makes me scared that they will be reallllllyyyy low on my waist.

StevenisWhere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
how are the front pockets? can you easily put things in and take them out? I remember with my dior 19 cms, it was pretty tough to put my entire hand in my pockets. so when id want to take out my phone, id slip in my thumb and index finger to pinch it for grip and pull it out.

also, do you get a lot of knee bulge? im afraid i will with the pbjs because the knee area is fairly tight.

and how do you like the low rise? im still not used to low rise jeans, so the fact that these are already low, compounded with the need to sag them to give my balls some breathing room, makes me scared that they will be reallllllyyyy low on my waist.

The front pockets are still pretty tight. I can fit my ipod in them, but that's all I've tried so far. These still feel like the tightest fitting jeans I've bought, but they are now easier to button up, and I can tuck in my dress shirts when I wear them to work, so they have loosened up a little. I couldn't even put my ipod in them when I first bought them. I think it will be another month or so before they feel comfortable to wear...

I haven't gotten knee bulge (at least that I know of)

And I'm not too bothered by the low rise. I always wear my jeans low rise, so I think they're fine. Right now they actually feel a little too high on my waist because they're too tight haha.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I've worn my 007s for a day now and the waist is stretching nominally, which is good. It definitely needs to stretch a bit more to be comfortable though. The thighs are also pretty tight. These are practically skinny jeans. I'm starting to wonder whether I should have kept the size 30s. Depending on how much the waist stretches, the size 29s are either the right size or one size too small.

That being said, I'm looking at the creases that are forming on my jeans and I'm kind of worried about the honey combs. I thought that stiff denim like this would form these tight, crisp creases -- as if one were to fold a fresh sheet of paper. But the creases on my denim aren't crisp and sharp. They're more 'thick' and wide. Dunno if I'm explaining that correctly. Bottom line is, I'm worried that my honey combs will be more 'muddy' when they fade instead of crisp, thin lines.

Anyone have any input on this?

Edit: also another annoyance is, even though I intentionally push my jeans down to sag them for crotch room, after walking around for awhile or sitting down and then moving around, the jeans will naturally rise up higher on my waist, causing the crotch region of the jeans to actually make direct contact with my crotch. This feels and looks weird, especially when I'm sitting down, because it looks like I have no crotch area at all. It's like how girls' jeans have no space between their nether regions and the denim. Any way around this? I think it may because my hip bones are wider than my upper waist, so the jeans naturally incline upwards where it will fit better, instead of wanting to stay put on my hip bones where they're tight as ****.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
So I've worn my 007s for a day now and the waist is stretching nominally, which is good. It definitely needs to stretch a bit more to be comfortable though. The thighs are also pretty tight. These are practically skinny jeans. I'm starting to wonder whether I should have kept the size 30s. Depending on how much the waist stretches, the size 29s are either the right size or one size too small. That being said, I'm looking at the creases that are forming on my jeans and I'm kind of worried about the honey combs. I thought that stiff denim like this would form these tight, crisp creases -- as if one were to fold a fresh sheet of paper. But the creases on my denim aren't crisp and sharp. They're more 'thick' and wide. Dunno if I'm explaining that correctly. Bottom line is, I'm worried that my honey combs will be more 'muddy' when they fade instead of crisp, thin lines. Anyone have any input on this?
its takes a few wears for your jeans to settle. the creasing you get after a single day of wear will not be indicative of they way they will look like in say a year or so. they are just now starting to form to you build ... it will take at least a week or maybe even two weeks of consistent wear for them to really start to settle. so my advice is to have a little patients and keep at them. go about your business and not worry about what your jeans look like after a day of wear
smile.gif
one thing that i do to set-in the creases is to get a spray bottle and spray a little bit of water on the back of your knee and then sit down for a few minutes with your knees in front of you (does that make sense) or do some squats. that will also help set in the creases on the back of your knees. also, keep in mind that you are wearing raw denim and that no other person will have a pair that will look exactly like yours. run with that mentality ... embrace the differences. hope this helps.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
one thing that i do to set-in the creases is to get a spray bottle and spray a little bit of water on the back of your knee and then sit down for a few minutes with your knees in front of you (does that make sense) or do some squats. that will also help set in the creases on the back of your knees.

also, keep in mind that you are wearing raw denim and that no other person will have a pair that will look exactly like yours. run with that mentality ... embrace the differences. hope this helps.

greenfrog, you're overthinking this way too much. report back in a week or so after you've given them time to stretch a little. listen to whatever123, go do some crazy **** in your jeans, and you'll lol @ yourself for worrying about such little things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads