• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lummers13
I got my Indy 403's, and they came with a brown, generic J.Crew box BUT they did come with shoe bags. Must be a hit or miss thing...?

I've bought 4 pairs (different sizes) and found that one of them came with shoe bags (can't remember if they said Alden or J. Crew on them) and none of them came in an actual Alden box. Unfortunately it wasn't a pair I kept, so when the pair I did keep didn't come with bags I emailed J. Crew and asked them to send me some. They did, for free, but it was one large bag and not two individual ones. The inconsistency is annoying but no big deal.

Originally Posted by yesssir
For you guys with indys, do you wear them year round? Or plan on it.

I plan on wearing mine year round, although probably not as much in summer

King Leer

Reaction score
I wear Indys year round and take breaks when it's too hot out to wear them, but yes.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Just an FYI guys, I know this is J crew thread, but I got two Gant Rugger Handloom madras up for sale in the fs section, both size xxl, both new with tags. They fit slim, so sort of like a J Crew xl. I'm selling both for half off retail. Again, know this is J Crew thread, but I really like J Crew and Gant Rugger, and think people who like j crew would also like these shirts, great for spring.

Now back to j crew, I was in the store yesterday, they had two new madras shirts that I hadn't seen online yet, one was like a red/blue, really bright colors, going back to today. I'll try and take a pic. Most likely will end up coping one!

Guus

Reaction score
Guys complaining about the Alden shoes. Why would you buy them from J.Crew? It's not like they're on discount or some exclusive design. If and when I do buy the Indys, I'm getting them from Theshoemart. Spread my business around.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. Crew is the only place you can use a 20% off coupon on these. You won't beat $360 for a new pair of Alden Indy's.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeRogan
J. Crew is the only place you can use a 20% off coupon on these. You won't beat $360 for a new pair of Alden Indy's.

Yep. That's the reason.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
I didn't think the 20% off worked for Aldens?

The one time 20% coupons do. No other coupons or the 20% off your first J. Crew card order work.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
I didn't think the 20% off worked for Aldens?

I got lucky on one of the 30% off sales where they included them.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Just applied for a job there, hoping I get it. An employee discount would be very nice to have
smile.gif

pula_86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pula_86
What has been the criticism of the trapper jacket fit. I've been looking at the trapper jacket. Thanks in advance to anyone who provides advice.

Went in and tried on jackets. The trapper jacket has a weird fit. It is very blouse-like. The fatigue jacket was a pretty good fit, but it was heavier than I was looking for. I got the cadet jacket on sale for $80 in Hawthorne Green. The fit is perfect for the cadet jacket

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pula_86
Went in and tried on jackets. The trapper jacket has a weird fit. It is very blouse-like. The fatigue jacket was a pretty good fit, but it was heavier than I was looking for. I got the cadet jacket on sale for $80 in Hawthorne Green. The fit is perfect for the cadet jacket
I still dig the Cadet jacket quite a bit and wear it often. I have the one that is almost Black (really dark Olive). It's no longer online, but is in the stores. Great fit and look. I'm sorta thinking about ordering this one, but don't know if it would be strange to have 2 of the same jackets, just in different colors? Thoughts on that anyone?
images%5Feiec%5F29%5F29109%5F29109%5FGR6847%5Ftif%5F03310a110dcf1732.jpg
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_ca...~~~~/29109.jsp

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.2%

Forum statistics

Threads