• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
who you think dawg?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
I'm headed out there in a couple weeks...Any place to get great espresso other than my usual stop at Intelligentsia in SL?
Go here: http://www.coffeecommissary.com/ It's very good even considering they don't roast their own beans. At least they're using two of the best roasters in the country.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm headed out there in a couple weeks...Any place to get great espresso other than my usual stop at Intelligentsia in SL?

i love the fact my neighbor works at intelligenstsia. free coffee for me!

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IN SF:

I really liked Ike's sandwiches. Thai Basil by Berkeley had a really good pad see ew.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haven't been yet, but there is a new spot that opened called CoffeeBar (600 S. Spring St) in Downtown. It looks fancy.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
Haven't been yet, but there is a new spot that opened called CoffeeBar (600 S. Spring St) in Downtown. It looks fancy.

Awesome, thanks. Waiting to board my flight now, have an appointment with Ian at STF tomorrow, then going to swing by South Willard, Leathersoul and whatever else I can squeeze in on Saturday.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. Waiting to board my flight now, have an appointment with Ian at STF tomorrow, then going to swing by South Willard, Leathersoul and whatever else I can squeeze in on Saturday.

If you are heading to South Willard, might as well check out Douglas Fir a couple blocks down. And the Farmers Market a couple blocks in the other direction.

Speaking of the 3rd street area, remember when Scout was still around?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
If you are heading to South Willard, might as well check out Douglas Fir a couple blocks down. And the Farmers Market a couple blocks in the other direction.

Speaking of the 3rd street area, remember when Scout was still around?

SelfEdge, American Rag, and Craft Workwear as well as Opening Ceremony are all in that general area as well. A 5 minute drive east or west from South Willard could have you at any of these places.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
SelfEdge, American Rag, and Craft Workwear as well as Opening Ceremony are all in that general area as well. A 5 minute drive east or west from South Willard could have you at any of these places.

Plus Mister Freedom on Beverly, one of the cooler shops to poke around in.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any word on Son of a Gun on 3rd St.? I heard is it helmed by the guys from Animal...their more seafood-centric venture.

Thinking of heading there to give it a whirl...

krayzeez

Reaction score
thanks for all the suggestions. hopefully I get o try julienne's this weekend.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone been to Roy Choi's A-frame in Culver City? I might check it out next week. Love Chego and the Kogi truck isn't bad either.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
some recent eats for me. the umami burger by fred segal
1299893006.jpg
and dark chocolate bread pudding from larchmont bungalow on beverly
1299893004.jpg
not great pics, but they were tasty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads