• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A fat guy with a date: need help with style, fit, choices!

CallMeCoach

Reaction score
So my first post, but I need some help here. I'm crushing on a girl and ready to make some good impressions. First off, I'm a big guy. 6'1, needing XXL Shirts, 40x32 pants sizes. I like to dress nice, but as i'm sure you all know, finding my sizes aren't the easiest thing to do. First off, where I live, every 15 yr old kid buys his clothes in my sizes whether he needs to or not. His pants hang down to his knees, and their shirts are huge. In a lot of the fashionable stores, they either don't carry my size, or they only have a few and they're gone. -- I can rarely, if ever, find jeans that fit me just right. Levis 569 brand is the only ones I feel very comfortable and fashionable in at a good price. I wouldn't even mind paying top dollar for a pair or two if they were the perfect fit. I can't seem to find those jeans, tho. -- I know the tricks of the trade to look thinner: wear dark colors, don't tuck, vertical lines, not too thin to show your pudge and not too loose to make you look 350 lbs, etc. The problem is, I feel like every time I go out, I have the same clothes on, even if they're different they look the same. I had a gorgeous friend of mine say to me once, "Maybe you'll wear a shirt tomorrow that isn't black?" She's so hot I have to take her serious. She knows style too. -- Here's what I usually wear on a date: black dress shoes, levi's, and a long sleeve collared dark shirt. This is the only style I have found that I look reasonably well, have clothes that fit comfortable, but still casual with a little style. -- I come from a small town, so style is few and far between. Here's the normal attire: Shirt something like this (better than this one. yuk!), but usually a solid black
L72969362.jpg
jeans like this
569-1057_320.jpg
Shoes like this: http://www.zappos.com/multiview/7661809/2560 So here's my questions: 1.) What other kind of shirts could fit a big guy like me well? T-Shirts either shoe my fat off, or make me look 350lbs 2.) What kid of jeans could I go for? Any brands out there to fit me better? Large waist, thick thighs, thin legs? 3.) Could a tailor be the answer? I've never been to one, and I'm not sure if they do casual clothing? But i'm willing to pay the cash to get it right. Help me out fellas, I'm new and looking to learn. Thanks a lot!

i_pod_sux

Reaction score
How much do you weigh?

In order to give advice, the guys need to know whether to help you, then mock you; mock you, then help you; our just mock you.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
tommy bahama.

do the charlie sheen 2.5 men thing but with out the tigers blood and what not.

CallMeCoach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by i_pod_sux
How much do you weigh?

In order to give advice, the guys need to know whether to help you, then mock you; mock you, then help you; our just mock you.

With a screen name like yours, i'm sure they probably have plenty of things to mock./

CallMeCoach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
tommy bahama.

do the charlie sheen 2.5 men thing but with out the tigers blood and what not.

I'll check that out.

Tommy Bahama that is, not tigerblood.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CallMeCoach
I'll check that out. Tommy Bahama that is, not tigerblood.
yup. avoid the coke, meth, and bitches with many stds. also, try and keep your teeth!

i_pod_sux

Reaction score
With a screen name like yours, i'm sure they probably have plenty of things to mock./

Whoe, calm down there big boy, just letting you know.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

This made me laugh.. ...I hope to see CallMeCoach in DT eventually.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

and yeah, go for the tommy bahama.

CallMeCoach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by i_pod_sux
Whoe, calm down there big boy, just letting you know.

***** and Big Boy? You're awfully original, never heard those before!

Just messing man. I'm new here, gotta have fun. I'm fat, it's all good.

In all seriousness, would a tailor be an option?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your an idiot.

+ a million. Back off noob.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
your an idiot.

You're, just wanted to say that before the spelling police douches show up and point out the irony of that post

CallMeCoach

Reaction score
your an idiot.

+ a million. Back off noob.
Thanks fellas. I was glad I found this site -- tough to get fashion advice in my situation.

Prada_Ferragamo \t

Weight loss?
Even if I were 50 lbs lighter, I'd still want the advice. But thanks, I'll have to look into this "weighloss" thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics